airsoft guns on boats

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by The Texan, Apr 10, 2013.

1. The Texan

The Texan Member

i was wonderin how hard it would be to mount lower power airsoft guns on a large scale hull, say a 1/72 Scharnhorst, how would the interanals have to be laid out to support rapid fire and allowances for the magazine and battery, would it be better to have it in a self contained unit so you can just pull it off the ship reload and re battery or would it be simplier to just run it off Co2, also would it be possible to have a laser range finder fore and aft, since i don't want to battle others, untill much later, when i have some experiance with the build of artillery and the ship.

2. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

I doubt that would be that hard at all. No reason you couldn't strip down an AEG and fit that with a short barrel into a turret, might take some clever arranging/custom parts but totally doable. Ranger finders (laser, IR , sonic) are all doable as well, how good are you with custom design/fabrication of mechanics and electronics? Your own skills will limit you more than any technical idea you've mentioned so far.

3. The Texan

The Texan Member

i'm new to it, so these are just ideas at the moment, AEG? I'm not sure what that is, also i'm for the most part able to scratch build most things, only problem is finding material, i don't have the money to buy some material so i have to improvise, computer programing i have very talented friends in that department, i'll mooch off of them, i can figure out electronics, mechanical and electrical engineering is easy.

4. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Well as long as you dont want to battle in any club with your creation the sky is the limit. You mentioned airsoft so I assumed you knew what an AEG was, Automatic Electric Gun, go look up airsoft guns to learn more. AEGs, sensors, electronics all cost money, the system you describe probably wont be super cheap, but it would be really cool. Probably best to get a boat aka "weapons platform" up and running first, you know driving around, steering, that sort of thing before going all out on arming it.

5. The Texan

The Texan Member

i wasn't thinking like that lol, but yes i know what it is, i figured it wouldn't be cheap, but neither was Enterprise when she was first commissioned ( still isn't) but i wanted to get all the information on the weapons and electronic done before i started building, i'm leaning toward a Scharnhorst because of the room in the hull and the speed.

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Do you have a trailer to launch a 1:72 Scharnhorst from? :)

7. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

It'd only be 10.72 feet long.

But the proper one is a more managable 6.5 feet long.

8. John Bruder

John Bruder Member

At that scale just put paint ball guns in it. You can get all the technical know how from the Tank battling guys web site. They have already figured out how to do it and your turrets should be big.

9. The Texan

The Texan Member

No, but i intend to have the hulls split in half and secured with nylon bolts, it'll be easier to move like that and it'll take up less space on the shelf.

10. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I'm not sure that you know what you're in for. Look forward to seeing pics though.

11. The Texan

The Texan Member

i'm ambisious, it's kinda annoying sometimes, but it helps when i want something

12. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

Well everything is supposed to be bigger in Texas right? ;)

13. The Texan

The Texan Member

14. The Texan

The Texan Member

i was sitting in church this morning and i was thinking, in 1/72 the smaller turrets on the ship could be armed, couldn't they?

15. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

you are doing your own thing, so yes. if you mean armed and not look ridiculous, also probably true

16. The Texan

The Texan Member

because is ship is going to be in a rather large scale i was thinking low power bb guns, with a single magazine in the twin turrets to feed both guns, and a smaller magazine to arm the single gun turrets, i'm a maniac, i'll probably add the smaller guns once i have everything done as far as full operational status is done, just a odd thought

17. The Texan

The Texan Member

so i was in my 4th period art class in school today a drew up a plan for the main and tertiary battery, i'll post a pic in a while so i can get ya'lls take on it

18. gunsnrosesx

gunsnrosesx Member

Screw bb's use .22cal long rifle or cb shorts. i dont think you will be entering that in any kind of competition other than a boat show so mount real guns on it. seen it dont before with rangefinders and live camera feed. Anyway i wish you the best of luck with your head aches and hope to see the project soon. (ps. This hobby isn't cheap so keep that in mind as well)

19. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

DO NOT DO THIS.
    There isn't even debate on this. This is a STUPID idea and a good way to seriously injure or kill someone else. This is also the sort of shenanigan that leads to blanket assumptions about our hobby and the dangers involved. Our rules specifically forbid explosives, incendiaries, etc, for very good reasons.
    If you want to advocate such behaviour, or partake in it, please do it somewhere else and do not encourage it here.

20. The Texan

The Texan Member

i had no intentions of doing this, my friends like to tell me this, my goal is simply to make the coolest ship i can at the lowest cost with the least amount of bodily harm to anyone