airsoft guns on boats

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by The Texan, Apr 10, 2013.

1. gunsnrosesx

gunsnrosesx Member

Didn't mean to offend anyone or the hobby, just saying seen it done, and was pretty cool. And if i were to know that this was 100% against it i would of never brought the idea about. Sorry for mentioning it.

2. The Texan

The Texan Member

the magazines for my guns are in the barbette of the gun turret, would it be possible to have the entire turret barbette and all pull out of the ship to reload the magazines

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

It would, but why not reload them with the turrets still in the ship?

4. The Texan

The Texan Member

because the lower mazaines are in the bottom of the barbette, i only have one magazine in the upper part of the turret, plus i would like to have easy ascess to the everything for matainance

5. The Texan

The Texan Member

also would arming the tertiary battery be possible

6. The Texan

The Texan Member

also would arming the tertiary battery be possible

7. Tugboat

How big is your budget?

8. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Possible? Certainly. Practical? Almost certainly not. From both the mechanical and operator standpoints, adding the secondary and tertiary guns will add a whole bunch more possible failures for negligible benefit in combat. Get your main battery working, then consider extra features. If you still want secondaries, plan ahead and save the space for them - but don't build or install them yet.
    Have you looked at the cannons used in airsoft tanks? There are a bunch of 1/16 scale WWII tanks around that have a compact airsoft cannon in them. Given your intended scale, those may be more suitable than stripping down a bunch of regular airsoft guns.

9. The Texan

The Texan Member

no i had no intentions to but was wondering if it could be done

10. The Texan

The Texan Member

I was looking at the gun arrangement on the Scharnhorst and the 11 inch rifles simply are to small so i'm doing the 15 inch gun conversion with two different bow pieces for accuracy in scale as well ad dummy triple turrets for show

11. gunner250

gunner250 Active Member

why not just have it co2 and set up like a regular big gun cannon it would probley work

12. Tugboat

Because airsoft guns don't use a CO2 firing mechanism, and the amount of trouble it would be to convert one is far more than the amount of trouble that it is to build a cannon by itself.

13. Reckless

Reckless Active Member

actually there are several CO2 airsoft systems .. they've even got into electro magnet firing systems completely programmable .. but I do fully agree for the cost and utter hair pulling frustration retro fitting these systems to Combat ships would be so counter productive and overly complicated (the electro mag programable kits are somewhere in the 1500-2000 dollar range)

on that respect though I've got a couple of cheap electric pistols that I thought about reverse engineering for BB cannons ..could even do barrel recoil LOL ... but I can pretty much garuntee their reliability would be counted in shots ...not even battles or days

airsoft stuff is ment to fling a .2 to .48 ish gram 6mm BB normally.... not the heavier stuff combat ships sling ...