Andrea Doria setup

Discussion in 'Construction' started by BoomerBoy17, Aug 27, 2008.

1. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

There are 2 main set ups im looking at for a IRCWCC 4.5 class Andrea Doria class Italian Battleship:

1) 2x (50 round) stern guns in the aft triple turrent with 1x (75 round) sidemount that can change sides (in the haymaker position- aft double turret) in between battles.

2) 1x (75 round) stern gun in the aft triple turret and 2 (50 round) sidemounts in opposite sides (positioning open to discussion).

Which is better for a 26 second ship with decent turning, at the hands of a rookie?

2. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

If it were a fast ship I'd say twin sterns and the Haymaker for a rookie.
    But AD is a hug n slug so having one side open is a bad idea. Go for a 50rd stern, 75 haymaker and 50 rd box sidemount.

3. BoomerBoy17

a box sidemount? whats that? Thanks for the help

4. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

opps BOW as in the front of the ship. A gun in the A turret.

5. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

"Go for a 50rd stern, 75 haymaker and 50 rd bow sidemount."

QFT

6. BoomerBoy17

any choice in sides for the sidemounts guys? thanks for clearing that up Bob, because you had me confused

7. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

I would do both sides and one off the back. As you are starting out, you are probably not sure of your battling stlye and this way you can shoot off three sides of your boat. Put the 75 in the back.

8. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Unless the location of the turrets on the ship are offset (vdt, I-boat, etc) which side to put which sidemount on is a personal choice(even then you can do whatever you want but those ships lend themselves to one setup over another). It doesn't really matter, however if you know someone who you will be battling with a lot, say someone local or a friend somewhere. Setting your sidemounts up opposite theirs can be an advantage since it allows you to sandwich people and have both hay makers on them at the same time. Thats a little strategy and I wouldn't really worry about that to much as a rookie but something to keep in mind if there is someone you'll be battling with a lot. Also there is nothing wrong with changing your gun setup after you've built the ship, I've been tweaking the gun setup on my VDT for almost 2 years now trying to find the best place to aim my stern gun, trying to find the spot thats most effective and meshes well with my battling style.