Another Battle

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by sinkin321, Sep 18, 2008.

1. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

How does the 18th or 19th of Oct. look for everyone? I know its late but it will give the water a chance to get really cold ( insentive to float)
    I am thinking of windsor water front for the battle right in front of Tim Hortons. Lots of notice if the date has to change or the battle has to move, so let me know.

2. TheMackster

TheMackster Member

Hey John,

I don't have any ship ready yet, but would it be okay if I tagged along to shoot videos and take photos like I did at CANATS last week?

Mack

3. slow_and_ugly

slow_and_ugly Active Member

No problem here (so far).
    The 18th might be better for me, but I see no real problem with the 19th

4. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

ok ill book it off gives me lots of time to finish me ship

5. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

I left bothdays open for Sat. or Sun. so we would have the option.
    Mackster This is open to all and come as you are. I will have both ships running in that time so if you want to use one I have no problem with it...just go out and get it if- when it sinks and get mine while you'r out there.

6. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

The Windsor site is too far away for me - I'm on call and have to stay within a 20 minute drive from the hospital. The lake John mentioned in Mt. Uniacke is probably within range.

Bob

7. TheMackster

TheMackster Member

Hi Bob,

John's sitting here beside me and he says he'll take a look at the Mount Uniacke pond tomorrow and get back to you.

8. Bob Pottle

OK Mack. I'll be in NB for the weekend and will check in Sunday night.

Bob

9. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Ok : Site in Uniacke is a go. If we need to change weekends for ya Bob: the 18th and 19th was just a starting point, but if it works we can leave it. I a'm going to the lake with the canoe and a line to make the depth at different distances from shore ( to cold to wade out -- whimp )
    The house is closed so no washroom or cafe but Robins is only a bit down the road less than 1km
    I'll let you know how it goes.

10. slow_and_ugly

Whoops, 18th is no go, only 19th --- swimming and gymnastics lessons for the kids.

11. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Well, 19th from 10ish to ? at Uniacke House in Uniacke. Not hard to find. Uniacke exit and take a left at the Irving. Drive about 4km and there is a sign for the Uniacke house museum. The spot on the lake that we will use is shallow, with a small beach area about the size of the grove. The bottom is a bit rocky but should be ok. Parking is right beside the lake.

12. Bob Pottle

Hi John,
    The 19th is OK for me - it's close enough to the hospital in Burnside. What changed the minds of the Uniacke House people? I thought they weren't keen on us using their lake. it sounds like a very good site.

I'll let Ralph know and expect he'll be at the helm of the Black Prince. Need to do more work on two of Minotaur's three guns. The bow gun and 1.0 unit stern gun weren't feeding properly at the last battle, though the stern 1.5 unit cannon was fine.

By the 19th I should have Steve Hill's Ontario rebuilt so we'll have 3 Allied armored or heavy cruisers.

Bob

13. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

What changed there minds is the fact that, when its this late in the year the place is closed and only the maintenance man is there, and he thinks its kind of cool. Park is closed and its left to people just walking the grounds. Three armored cruiers and a allied battle ship as well as Mack with the carrier.

14. Bob Pottle

I expect Jason and Harold will be there with the Von der Tann and something else (Wind Class or HMS Glatton?) and Rob with the Konig. Scott will be in Russia again (leaving Oct. 3) so we won't get to see HMS Abdiel in action.

We need more Axis or Neutral ships - only two WWI Axis in the fleet so far. The sale of my Graf Spee hull has been scuttled by shipping problems to the U.S. so I may build it after all.

The Sri Ayuthia (Axis, 1.5 units) will be in action by the spring if I can build a model weighing only 3 lbs.

Bob

15. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

well bob seeing that i had soo much time i decidet that insetd of ordering a plamer reg atm that i could gut jersey and get graf spree on the water.
    here is her check list:
    rudder done
    props almost done
    guns done
    co2 need bottle am looking
    SS 80% done
    skin tommrow[:D]
    i have been busy this week

16. Bob Pottle

Sounds good jason. We need more Axis ships, especially with HMS Hood joining the fleet.

Bob

17. slow_and_ugly

Still looking good for me.

18. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Great. Mack and his son are also a go for the 19th. hope to see ya there.

19. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Just had a chat with Martina, site manager from Uniacke House, She will be there on Sun the 19th with her hubby to see the boats in action. She thinks this could be good for the museum and was wondering if in the coming year we could put on a regatta/show at the house. Sounds like if this goes over well on the 19th then we have a new home for the club as well there are no permits to get for Hants Co. I will keep you posted with more info. Oh and the Park is closed on Sundays so we have the run of the place.

20. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

I will be bringing several ships ready or not
    Shinano, Pretoia castle, Washington and roberts all will be running and battle ready, the two carriers will be running only, with no guns or pumps - convoy anyone ( sitting duck maybe?).
    Anyone else coming?