Another Battle

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by sinkin321, Sep 18, 2008.

1. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I may be able to bring out the PE for a quick sail as I have to be at work for 1:30

2. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

John,
    I'll bring the Sri Ayuthia hull for you. For combat models I'll have Black Prince as a spare ship - I think Ralph will be at the helm - and either the HMCS Prince Robert (Class 1) or Minotaur.

Bob

3. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

It is very likely you will see both Nagato and Scharnhorst that day. We will patrol the waters to keep them safe for the combatants.
    J

4. Jay Jennings

And Lutzow too. Sorry, forgot that one.
    J

5. Bob Pottle

Jay,
    The more the merrier. You have a Nagato? Where'd that come from? How's the Hyuga/Ise conversion progressing?

Bob

6. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

OK: final plans are in place. Talked to the director of the house, a few times and she is now in favor of us using the lake ( now she knows we're not just nuts with guns )
    Ten oclock start if all agree, parking by the lake is a go, marker tape to old onlookers back has been picked up, and i have 3 tables ready to go.
    I will have a pair of hip wades there if needed. and the canoe for recovery.

7. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

This is good to hear. I will see what I can do to be there.

8. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

we will be there.

9. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

From Joy not Chuck:
    We will be there with bells on or should I say BB's flying... Mr. Pottle...hehe.. we shall see how good the cannon works.. but how do you feel about one of your own guns taking you down??? *nudge nudge*... Quarter sized hole ... eeks.. someone might need to bring another ship for Bob... All in good fun though! Right?!

10. TheMackster

TheMackster Member

Hey! Does this mean that Steve found the problem we were
    having with Lutzow at CANATS? What was it?

11. Bob Pottle

Joy,
    I think your pink ship will be an easier target. With that model of spurt gun the Mogador's got only one shot. Better put it on target! If you do any ship of cruiser size or less will be in big trouble.

Bob

12. Jay Jennings

The Nagato belongs to Steve Crane, the Lutzow too. The conversion has been delayed by trim, laminate flooring, driveway etc.(the things I was supposed to do in the summer but were put off to work on boats, the wife expressed her desire to have these things done), so thats what I have been doing. I am going to try to have it done to the point that she can at least drive it around before the ice comes. I intend to bring it to the build session on the 18th.
    J

13. TheMackster

TheMackster Member

Hey all,

I'll be trying my new DX5e radio tonite and test-mounting the receiver and Aquacraft AQUM7037 ESC in the HMS Dreadnaught. If the ESC works I might have "Dread" on the water next weekend for speed trials and general handling as I have no idea how fast it will go with the old motors that came installed. Any ideas about speed, Paul?

I need to re-sheet it first though so that's my priority for this week.

I don't have a 3.5oz bottle so I don't think I can get the guns ready this week, although I might try swapping in an 88gm bottle and adapter from Wal-Mart if they fit. Still means I need to wire up the gun servos and poppits from scratch and I'm sure that's beyond my newbie skills to get it all done in 1 week. I'll settle for having it sea-worthy so I can see how it handles.

Wish me luck.

14. TheMackster

TheMackster Member

Nuts! Forgot to ask if the lake we'll be using has a suitable straight spot
    to mark out 100' for the speed tests?

15. Bob Pottle

Guys,
    What time should we start the battle on Sunday (19th)? Total time is usually about 3 hours for 2 sorties.

I won't be able to complete the HMCS Ontario's innards in time for the battle, but if Ralph doesn't come Steve can use the Black Prince.

No CO2 source at this point so you may have to come with full CO2 bottles.

Bob

16. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Bob: if we can start by 10ish it would be good.
    I have the tank and fill station with me.

17. Bob Pottle

OK John. 1000h is fine for me. What do you think the driving time is from downtown?

Bob

18. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Downtown on a Sun. morning should be about 30min.

19. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

ok ill be there with the vdt my dad is away so i will be running the vdt(that way i dont have to rush GS) ill you $$ with me bob john how much will it be to fill my 3.5 tank?

20. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Ok: If you take the exit for Uniacke and go to the stop sign you will be facing the Irving. Take a left at the stop sign and you are on the #1 hwy.
    go for about ten minutes and you will see the sign for Uniacke house museum and you are there. If you drive in to the parking lot you will see the lake, and I will be down beside the lake to the left, thats where you park is beside the lake 25ft or so from the lake. Bob if you have been to Steve's cottage its just up from there.