Another Big Gun cannon style?

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by radollar2000, Jun 5, 2013.

1. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

one thing that allows tighter spaced O-ring breeches is to simply place the O-rings in two appropriately sized pockets in a single block, compress with a single fastener between the o-rings. has the added effect of balancing the load better, and seemed to make twins less fussy

2. radollar2000

radollar2000 Active Member

Okay some more pictures.
    This is of the redesigned variation 2 cannon with internal accumulator. I increased the number of holding bolts to make sure the accumulator doesn't leak. I also added more depth to the accumulator so that each cannon has over 1 cu. in. of gas to use. I also combined the feed plates to make 2 1/8" plates so that now all plates are 1/8". Hopefully this will help same money as one would have to file a slant in the feed plates anyway. The pictured plate set is configured to use 3 MAV-2 vavles which have 6.8 scfm @ 100 psi and so I figure roughly 8ish at 150 psi. This will work so long as I can figure out the o-ring breach assembly. Speaking of the breach assembly, I'm trying to use Greg's hybrid design as a start point. I'd like for the assembly to fit beneath a scale turret, but...we shall see.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hopefully I can have a workable breach done before the end of next week as I am headed out on vacation and I'm also working on finishing a convoy so that I'll actually have something to play with while I'm down in the south pacific.
    Just noticed that I hadn't yet drawn in the manifold on the plate next to the bottom.

3. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Any update?

4. radollar2000

radollar2000 Active Member

Yeah I'm just now starting to get back into the real important things in life, Warship Combat! I've had to move again and I'm just now getting my shop area fixed up. So hopefully I'll be posting more on this soon. Sorry about the delay boys.