Ant farm cannon battle report

Discussion in 'Digital Design and Fabrication' started by Tugboat, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Hey, it's been a while! Anyhow, I have two ant-farm cannons mounted on my newly-refitted HMS Invincible, and I got in 3 sorties today. Apart from firing in testing (they had 5 magazines full of BBs shot through them (2 thru one, 3 in the other), they have now had 5 more magazines fired through them (3 combat sorties and 2 for tweaking). No trouble at all with the guns. Totally rare for me. The nice part is for reloading, I open the cap and upend my loader over the hole, and the BBs file down into the magazine, it's like using a speedloader to refill M16 mags. Less than 2 seconds to refill a magazine (After the cap is off!). Totally pleased, and well done to the estimable Mr. Jenks who designed the ant farms (even though he disclaims any intent to use them for cannon magazines because that would be foolhardy. :)

Panzer, rcengr, Beaver and 3 others like this.
  2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

The ant farm cannons have done well, and were really the only part of the ship with zero trouble during the maiden battle weekend. More battle testing will go on, and I will likely install a few more in the loaner cruiser for more testing.

3. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

I really liked the compact design. It would certainly make doing a rotate a lot easier. I would like to see somebody try making a version for multiple cannons (duals, triples or even quads).

4. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

hey, any pics or links to relevant threads? Haven't been able to find any on the search

Volkswagen50 likes this.