Ante up!

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by Tugboat, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Thanks. That is not my time period so I'm a bit hazy on things.

2. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Guys,
    If i remember, 6 out of the first 8 had them!!! But I've always loved the Atlanta class ships!!
    Nikki

3. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

No, the first 9 of 11 had them. The Juneau subclass (last 3 ships) did not have them.

4. NASAAN101

Chase,
    O ok! i was thing there were only 8 in the first group!!! Ok, Are the CL/AA cruisers or just the Anti-aircraft Cruisers??
    Nikki

5. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Regretfully, I have to concede that I will not have a Battlestations ship ready this year, much less ready for the SE Fall Regional battle in NC.

As the one that made the challenge in the first place, I'm even more ashamed about failing to get a ship done in time.

Basically, between moving states and jobs which killed any winter building time, buying and moving into a house over the spring, and trying to split time to get into said house and work on ships, there simply isn't enough time to start the Jean Bart. In fact, not being able to devote time to maintain the Erin and Verite as they deserve led to a mediocre performance at the Brouhaha and poor performances at the SE Spring Regional and Tangler at Engler.

In recompense, I’ll buy a round of drinks at the first Battlestations event I’ll attend so you better be there if you want to partake!

For now, the plan is to built the Bart this winter and have it ready to battle in the Spring of 2012.

6. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Not all together a bad thing Mike.
    That means that you could do a build-thread like the one on the Bearn that we can all enjoy.
    And your build will not need to be rushed.
    Mikey

7. NASAAN101

Bearn IS an Aircraft carrier, right!!
    Nikki

8. Kun2112

Kun2112 Active Member

As compleated, yes.
    However, like so many early carriers she was laid down as something else. In this case a dreadnaught battleship. When the Washington treaty was signed there were allowances made for hulls under construction to be converted to carriers.
    This period produced the Bearn, Lexington, Yorktown, Akagi, and Amagi (if not for the earthquake) where former battleships/battlecruisers were converted to CVs.

9. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Also Kaga which was laid down as a Tosa class BB. And HMS Eagle
    Furious and Glorious and Courageous too