Any idea when NABS will have a website again?

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by TheMackster, Oct 15, 2008.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Chris Warspite's freq is 75.630 Ch 72 FM. Roma is 75.930 Ch 87 FM. Bismarck is 75.730 Ch 62 AM. Yamato is 75.450 FM Ch 63. I also have a Futuba digital and a Spectrum digital radio.

2. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Thanks Curt which one is your primary and is the freq for Roma going with it to Russell?

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Freq is going with Russell. Yamato's freq is my Primary as the Spectrum radio's it doesn't matter I guess. VDT and Konig, Graf, California, VDT will operate off the new technology radios.

4. Chris Easterbrook

Thanks Curt. Just a freindly reminder that I need everyones primary radio freq A.S.A.P so they can be posted on the web site and with several members looking at buying new radios in the near future this will eliminate any freq conflicts. If you have already sent me your freq please disregard this.

5. Chris Easterbrook

Guys I will be sending in the list of primary freqs for all captains who sent them to me on sunday to Paul for posting on the website. Primary Freqs after that point will be allocated on a first come first serve basis. So if you have an existing non digital radio that you are using as your primary radio please send your freqs to me prior to sunday.

Thanks

Chris

6. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Chris,
    My ships' primary channel is 61 (75.410).

Bob

7. Chris Easterbrook

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Chris if somebody has a radio with my Primary freq then it won't be Yamato. It will most likely be VDT which is the Futubal 2.4 ghz. I won't know what the freq will be till the model is built. The only time it will be an issue if that is possible with these new radios is when I am there for a Can-nats. Other than that event the rest of the battling season for the locals should'nt be a problem.

9. Chris Easterbrook

Don't worry about it for now Curt, if it becomes an issue we can always change the list.

10. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

List has been posted.

11. Chris Easterbrook

Thanks Paul. I will get the PDF done ASAP. It has been a little busy up here as of late.

12. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

No problem. there is no rush for it.

13. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Hey Curt, the 2.4 GHz radios are frequency agile and will pick an unused freq. The odds of having more radios than freqs is slim to nil, even with full NABS turnout there would be 25-30 tops. The only ones to worry about are the 75 MHz radios, as we saw at last years CANNATS when our radios were on the same channel, preventing us from battling mano-a-newf! :)
    J

14. Chris Easterbrook

According to one webite I saw the said the 2.4ghz could have up to 500 in the same area and there would be no interference. I think this will never be a problem for us Curt. I would agree with Jay the chance is slim and none and slim left town.

15. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

You're right Chris, slim left town, but he didn't go to Fredricton!!:woot::woot::woot:

16. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

The 2.4 ghz radios are different in how they work in this regard. The Futabas are better in that they are true freq hoppers, and even if there WERE interference it would be for 1/10th of a second (they change frequencies randomly 10 times per second IIRC). That said, you have to have a crazy amount of spektrums before you run into any issues with them, and I know of nobody who has had an issue with one.

17. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

That's good to know. I feel better now about the new radios.

18. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

So if there is anything on the website that people would like to see just let me know

19. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I haven't visited it in a while. I will start going there more freqeuntly.

20. Chris Easterbrook

I will try and get some pics of ships so they can be posted, just to give the site some pazzazz!