Anyone Use an Air Compressor to test Guns?

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by Panzer, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

If anyone is using an Air compressor to test their guns could i ask: How do you hook it up to the system? What fittings are you using? any help is appreciated, i have several Air Compressors and it seems like a good use for them when not otherwise engaged.

2. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

I've used a standard air compressor in the past, they can be handy for testing depending on the max PSI they produce.

As for adapting it to your system it really depends what connections you use, it's pretty easy to get a 1/8" or 1/4" npt plug at the hardware store and drill/tap it for #10-32 (I've done that a few times for various reasons) or whatever thread you need, heck you could just drill it out and solder a piece of brass tube in place if you want a slip on fitting.

Panzer likes this.
  3. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

Craig, maybe my fill station could accidentally fall in my work car when I happen to be in your area next Monday...we need to test everything(new guns and new :whistling:solenoids and reg) with gas and the boat buttoned up. :D

Panzer likes this.
  4. Panzer

we could If that works for you, ill check my sched and let you know what days im off next week

5. Xanthar

Xanthar Well-Known Member

I used a couple of fittings to make an adapter for testing a cannon that Ming loaned me.

Attached Files:

Panzer, Beaver and thegeek like this.
  6. Panzer

So, i made an adapter to use with my compressor' this i can use with all the guns and than i have a poppet version I can use with guns out of the ship. From an inexperianced standpoint it works well to get my guns functioning.

Attached Files:

NickMyers likes this.
  7. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

That'll do it. I've made similar with a PTC fitting rather than a barb.

Panzer likes this.
  8. Panzer

Yes, that makes sense, all my ordered PTC fittings from mettleair came the day after I braised the fittings together, kinda the story of my life, get something working after a big struggle and then the right stuff appears, LOL been down that road a bunch;):(:)

NickMyers likes this.
  9. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

so, out of ignorant curiosity, might it be possible to have an adapter that would just screw into the regulator in place of the standard CO2 bottle, and have the other end of it connect to the quick release on the compressor hose in order to test the whole system in situ?

Presume the compressor has proper pressure output.

10. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Yup, the old Western regs from BC are great for that. 1/4" NPT input makes it easy to adapt.
    Here's my setup.
    DSC_0167 (1).JPG

Panzer likes this.
  11. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

yeah, I have the 10-32 regulator with the three ports, not the NPT regulator. but as long as the attachment is hooking up in the place of the bottle, I presume it will still work just the same?
    I am assuming that the only differences between the BC NPT and 10-32 regulators are the ports.