Anyone using Maker Spaces?

Discussion in 'General' started by jackpkt, Feb 13, 2017.

1. jackpkt

jackpkt Member

I have this great hobby space I found by me in Michigan which has some great equipment I can use and even hosts guests. They have a Machine, Wood, and Meta shop, they have a fantastic laser cutter/engraver, Metal and wood CNC machines, professional high quality 3D printer and scanner, silk screen station, folk lift (lol), powder coating station and oven, and a full garage with lifts for both cars and motorcycles. The cost is $100 a month which is pricey, but think it might be worth it int he short term.
    P.S. I could also do work for others which is a nice bonus.

http://www.thevillageworkshop.com/

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  2. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

Nope. Have my own maker space in the basement! ;)

3. Captain obvious

Captain obvious Active Member

Wish I had your maker space Steve. Though that would only be a third of the battle. Would need your knowledge and ability as well.

4. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

I understand.

Not a MakerSpace per say, but similar. I have this in my area. I'm not a member but I buy my cabinet grade plywood from here.

http://woodworkersclub.com

This place is basically a high school shop on steroids that you can pay to join. Might be something similar in other areas.

5. Captain obvious

Captain obvious Active Member

That takes care of part of it, now how to I secretly sneak into your house, steal all the knowledge in your brain and sneak out again with no one being the wiser? Oh well.