Anyone Willing to Create 3D File for Superstructure?

Discussion in 'Digital Design and Fabrication' started by GeekSpeed, Jul 19, 2017.

1. ish311

ish311 Active Member

i have a very roughly cut and scaled takao stl now. however pm me for the file i will not post it in resources.

recommend cutting down the print into about 4-5 part for printing on something the size of an i3. 3 lengthwise and 1-2 vertically

Xanthar likes this.
  2. Xanthar

Xanthar Well-Known Member

So how did you go about doing that?

3. ish311

ish311 Active Member

took the fxd file from WOW to autocad and exported it back out as a .obj(if i remember right) to blender cut and exported that into an stl. dropped the stl into netfabb to scale it and do a once over pass with the repair tool. exported that into a different stl and put that through windows stl viewer and sliced it up and did a final repair on it. (tried cutting in netfabb but after it passed 30 minutes of computations on a 3.5ghz quad core running all 4 at 100% and 16 gb of data on a single cut i gave up.)

tons of programs cause blender didn't like exporting a clean .stl from a .fxd and wouldn't do a .obj conversion but autocad .fxd coverter works and is free and strips out bones and cameras and stuff we don't use at all in 3d printing when it converts to a .obj file.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  4. Reckless

Reckless Active Member

I'm probably really late to this party .. but I should have 1:144 plans for takao kicking around and i have the intention to making a full 3d model for it cut up to be printable .... I just have no idea when as I'm doing the college thing currently for engineering so time is next to nil

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I am looking for superstructure for the USS ARIZONA.