AoS Shipbuilders

Discussion in 'Age of Sail' started by Tugboat, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Why don't you build one, Tugboat? It's not like you have a 101 projects already to finish. ;)

Beaver

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I don't think I have more than 40 projects or so, at the moment.

I do already have an Age of Sail ship under construction; while the Santissima Trinidad is tempting, so is Hercule, a 120-gun 1st-Rate that I also have plans for :) But I am finishing the frigate HMS Minerva and learning to sail her before any thought of a behemoth is entertained. Might even do a USS Constitution before a 1st-Rate, so as to have a pair of frigates so that I can grab a friend to duel, even if the friend doesn't own an AoS ship...

3. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Very much looking forward to Mark's cad laser cut Frigate. :)

4. Beaver

I'm looking forward to it too! Though I probably won't buy one, rather make one myself. :)

@ Tugboat, sounds like a good strategy. I was only kidding about those 101 projects. ;)

Beaver

5. Tugboat

I am curious about the British 74's, a very successful group of ships that were copied from the French and improved on. The Brits built a LOT of them, and for good reason, they were excellent sailers and excellent in a fight. Not a 1st-Rate, but MUCH more responsive in light airs than the bigger ships, while simultaneously having lots more guns than even big frigates.

6. Rhukatah

Rhukatah New Member

I've finally had some time to get back to the Ingermanland. I've drawn out the ribs and keel in OpenOffice Draw and ordered it from a laser shop. Should arrive in two weeks.

7. Tugboat

Can't wait to see it!

8. Beaver

Thanks for adding me on to the list, Tugboat. One problem though, I planning on building the Russian sloop-of-war Mirny, 6th rate post ship, with eight cannons, not the Revenge. :) The Revenge is a pretty ship though,...Hmmm. :)

Beaver

9. captainponderous

captainponderous New Member

My frigate is based on the Endeavour. Masts, hull shape (except for the bow which I extended.) I figured the actual ship covered some distance so it would be good for me. I had to put the Driver /spanker sail on its own WInch circuit so I could tack easier. No ability to tack on a pond means you're on the lee shore all day.

Tugboat likes this.