Armageddon in Oakboro!!!

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Tugboat, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

THURSDAY! THURSDAY! THURSDAY!
    IIITTT'SS AAAARMAGEDDDDDOOONNNN IIIINNN OOOOAAAKKKKKBOOORRRROOO!!!!
    This is going to be great! A massive battle with 28 battlers armed to the teeth (except those poor souls who drive armored cruisers) and ready to sink all who oppose them!! It's going to rock!

2. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

prepping all week and finalizing details

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see you soon!

3. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

I charged my batteries last night, and replaced a bad pump board, that failed to work. Will start packing toolbox tonight.

4. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

The HMS Erin is ready to go with new sheeting and a new paint scheme. The FN Verite is still waiting installation of it's brushless drive system currently held up by the somewhat slow delivery of a new brushless esc.

We are hoping to get there by Friday afternoon, all depending how quickly the movers can pack up and load the truck over the next 4 days.

5. Tugboat

I am looking forward to some excellent battling, although I wish that MN Jean Fromage was ready. Perhaps for November. At least Lil Scharnie is ready with conventional drive and brushless pump. I have the brushless stuff to do the drive, but it's too close to game day to think about changing over. I'll have Jean Fromage with me so I can get some work done at night and so people can see the fearsome 2.5 unit CPOE cruiser :)

6. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Well those that made it, I think we all had a great time. Sorry to hear about Tuggy, hopefully next time we will see him. Don and I missed shooting at his boat. I met some new people, and some other's that I have already had the pleasure of meeting before from the IRC.

Rob's new pond is very nice, but the water was a bit cold for us Florida guys, luckly we did not have to go in very often, but then we were all Allied. Rob said the water was crystal clear. He was right. He got about 1/2 way done with his speed test, and sank, and you could see it sitting on the bottom crystal clear, Axis boat of course.

7. Tugboat

I don't think that the allies did THAT well, Pete D owned up to sinking a bunch :) I suspect he was only saying it to make my lil axis heart feel better, though.

I made decent progress on MN Jean Fromage, I hope to have it ready for the November battle. I got functional ball-bearing interrupter geek breech guns made, and most of the water channeling in. I'll post the mechanics of how I dd it in the build, but suffice to say that I did the water channelling with Smooth-On Foam-It 5. Which for those who aren't into castable foams is a castable closed-cell foam that weighs 5# per cubic foot. I was able to trim the foam and play with the boat in about 40 minutes. Easy to cast, easy to trim, and I can cut small holes in it to pour lead shot for ballast. Of course, the bottles of stuff to make the foam were like $30 for enough to do 3 ships this size.
    A quick peek at the beginning of the water channelling, looking aft from the bow:
    [​IMG]

8. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Us northern types had a great time, but it was a little cool even for us! Everyone got sunk at least once!