Armed Forces Battle May 15 & 16

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Buddy, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Hi Guys
    Just wanted to announce the The Buckeye Battle Squadron will be hosting a battle May 15 &16 and maybe even the 17 at Licking Valley Coon Hunters Club in Newark Ohio.. We will be useing the IRWCC rules and talks are still underway as to wether this will be a sanctioned or unsanctioned battle. If there is enough interest it will be a sanctioned battle.
    This is a great site and has lots to offer with a large club house, very short walking distance to the pond( 20 yrds). Elect in the club house and large picnic tables ! Bathrooms for men and ladies. Elect Hook up for campers. Camping for battlers or hotels are 15 mins away along with resteruants. Private grounds with a gate so can be locked and equipment can be left in a locked club house at night. There is no staying over night in the club house for insurance reasons.
    If interested you can contact me for more information.
    Buddy Friend

2. FirePowerDan

FirePowerDan RIP

Sounds like a great site to do a major event. After the thing I was trying to do this sounds like a perfect place. I am just thinking out loud. Maker Fair out here is at that time in California, Success to you.

Dan

3. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

Hmmmmmm 260 mile as the crow flies......
    So this would be 15 to possibly 17 May 2010.

Might be a good time for folks with boats and parts for sale to set up a tent.....

4. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

I'm a possible for this event. A bit of a trip, but I would get to visit with Ohio friends. :)

5. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Glad to hear there is interest ! Thank you Dan for the kind thoughts out loud ! As far as the rest the more the merrier !!I was afraid that I would get this all set up and no one would come ! And for those that want to pitch a tent you can do that and there is no camping fee. If you bring a camper and plug in to electric then it is 10 dollars a night. If you dont plug in no cost for camping. There will be a entry fee and a day useage fee charged by Licking Valley Coon Hunters for battleing . I will have all these figured up here soon as we work out the final details.
    Buddy

6. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

At least some of the regular folks here at the IRC are planning to come! We will have our spring regional earlier so to keep the dates clear.

Marty Hayes

7. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

At least some of the regular folks here at the IRC are planning to come! We will have our spring regional earlier so to keep the dates clear.

Marty Hayes

8. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Marty is there any chance you might make it out? I have not seen you since Dan H. In Al.
    Buddy

9. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

10. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

11. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Yes. I hope to make it there!

12. FirePowerDan

FirePowerDan RIP

:woot: Looks like a great site. Real grass. Do not have that at our site. Makes me home sick. Came from Wisconsin along time ago. Home sick till I see the snow and how cold it is. This is why I left for California many years ago.
    Dan

13. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

This would be a good place for a large event. Plenty of room, and lots of shoreline. A covered area in addition to the clubhouse. Two restrooms (one for the ladies). I prefer to use the ladies room myself. Going where no man has gone before, and all that. Haha.
    Mikey

14. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

• I thought so, kind of adds new validity to what I already know,
    • Carlo

15. FirePowerDan

FirePowerDan RIP

Chrit it is Emperor Ming. Her I thought I cornered the Market on that guy. I was misinformed. Some tell me how to put one of these characters up on the silver screen.

16. FirePowerDan

FirePowerDan RIP

You guys make this into a joint event and at a time when a person may not need an ice chisel to open holes in the pond and love to come to something like this. A place like this is what I had in mind for a large co-event.

17. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

• I've been Ming the Merciless for as long as I've been in the hobby, Bobo and Mikey were my first victims
    • And they have just made my reputation better and better every year. Going on 26 years in the hobby.

18. FirePowerDan

FirePowerDan RIP

You can tell it was early in the morning. My spelling. Oh the humanity of it all.
    Think I out rank you. Started in 1984. I only use this on a local basis. Do you know some of the great quotes that came from that series?

Hawkman is entertaining Ming and something goes amuck. Ray guns are draw. Ming says "You dare threaten you Emperor?" To which Hawkman replies "Uh no,but I think we should talk it over". Flash a bomb a time bomb from a message from Prince Baron.Stop. Well that is another phrase it starts ou with.:D

19. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Hey. It is good to know that someone appreciates me.
    Don't share all of my secrets Carlo.
    I am not familiar with the Ming thing .Probably before my time. Is that the guy from flesh Gordon?
    Well, I gotta run for now. P.C. time is almost up.
    I don't want to be late for my needle-point class.
    Mikey

20. FirePowerDan

FirePowerDan RIP

No this is the original Flash Gorden from the 30s. Buster Crabbe fame. WHO? Way before you young people. If you see it you will understand how Star Wars was created.

Here is another classic line. Ming has been discredited by Flash but Flash gives no proof to these statements. Instead of saying these are false statments Ming says. "Stop! You have heard the words of the earthman now hear me. If anyone makes a move towards me (pulls out a ray gun)Flash Gorden dies. The guilty speak up.

I have to stop this. It is hurting my brain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.