Armed Forces Battle May 15 & 16

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Buddy, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

• WOW, Hey Mikey just like real life Huh,
    • Only thing that is missing is the same appology from Mikey on this list
    • To bad my "death ray" is down for repair

2. FirePowerDan

FirePowerDan RIP

Can always use the Purple Death.

3. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Carlo
    I will make that happen. But not on this thread.
    Mikey

4. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

In Flesh Gordon it was Emperor Wang.

And talking about Old TV sci-fi, I do hope that we do not bring up Captain Video and His Video Rangers, Space Patrol , Rod Brown of the Rocket Rangers, or Buck Rogers, Captain Z-Ro, Rocky Jones, Space Ranger, or Tom Corbett, Space Cadet. Yes, I am old enough to remember these!

5. froggyfrenchman

Haha.
    I hope that this thread gets back on track eventually.
    But that was a good laugh indeed. Nothing like a good laugh to keep us all sane.
    Mikey

6. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Ah yes Ming, I can remember being chased all over ponds in the Northeast by either a Doria or a Musashi. It wasn't bad enough that you were chasing me but there was always that "Carl laugh". They were some great times. Carlo, remember Woodbury, N.J. and my Lutzow. I think the air temp was in the low 50's. I can still remember the cold.
    I have a picture of your Doria sitting half way in a pipe that dumped into the pond.
    Oh the fun.....

7. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Ah, that time he was after me! But I fooled him, hid behind a small pipe or stick in the pond. Damn early guns, either rolled across the deck or puffed up and would not shoot. I remember you and Carl searching for Bob't Lutzow in the very cold water. And Carl caught on the bober behind your ship and being reeled in.

8. Gettysburg114th

Marty,
    That was that battle in Woodbury! The Lutzow didn't hit the bottom of the pond for quite a ways. I still have the old video. You can see Carl and I walking back and forth in the water and you can hear me say, "I can't find it." That was a very cold day.
    Marty, was that the battle that you had the big Frenchie?
    You know Marty, I didn't have trouble tweaking the old guns....

9. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

no, that was my first battle ever! I had my New Orleans. Yes, I remember that you, Carl and Joe each could tweak but.... I could not. Thank Goodness, Carl taught me about "Geek" guns before I went to Nats.

10. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Well that was a lot of information ! Especially from Mikey more then I wanted to know ! I wondered wh Deb said the womans bathroom ran out of toilet paper? Mikey you are still welcomed !
    Anyway I started this thread and I dont feel the conversation about the IRWCC matter belonged here. As far as a joint event what did you have in mind?

I also remember a little bit of the old Flash Gordon wow it was neat to watch !
    Buddy

11. froggyfrenchman

Buddy
    You might want to suggest that the Coon Hunter's folks try another flavor with the mints.
    The large pink ones are just horrible, and everyone seems to be spitting them into the urinals.
    Blueberry perhaps.
    Mikey

12. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

You silly frenchmen !

13. Gettysburg114th

I talked to Mikey Buddy, he wasn't kidding. I found that they are better if you put them in the oven for 15 min on 350. Nice and crisp.

14. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Hey guys
    We are getting ready for this weekend!Oh and Mikey I talked to the members and we have different mints just for you!
    Buddy

15. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Well that must of scared Mikey cause he didnt show up! ANy way we had a great time ! Good weather saturday and sunday !! We had a total of like 5 sinks on the allied side and 2 on the axis side for saturday. Then for sunday we had like 3 for the allied and some thing like 1 or 2 for the axis side! With the feed back we got from every one I beleive that the BBS is going to make this a annual battle ! Yup guys we are going for the same next year !
    Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.