Arming a Duke of Edinburgh

Discussion in 'MWC (defunct)' started by Anachronus, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

This class has 6 9.2" guns as its main armament, all in single turrets. One on fore and aft center line and 4 in wing turrets. What is the most effective lay out. I was thinking of arming the center line guns, giving one gun aft and one forward. I poll the collective wisdom of the board!

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Hmmm.... given my fun with Evstafi and Scharnie, both of which had dual bow guns (which is fun and an easy install)... several times I wished that I'd done a bow and stern gun setup, mostly when dancing amidst the battleships which were trying (trying) to corral me. That said, I had no shortage of bow gun targets, and having two guns pointing that way was cool. I think that the dual bows is the easiest install, with a single MAV and 2 PAVs to fire the guns, although the single servo with 2 MAVs is not too bad, either.

If you need plans, I'll email you stuff as I get it done. The SS is tricky to draw as there are few aerial shots to work with and the generic line drawing is off in quite a few areas.

3. Anachronus

I would love some plans. I am going to keep it as a Duke of Edinburgh as that rear casemate gives it a nice bit of armoring. I have a set of plans for HMS Cochrane but it is lacking information of the below the water line. Prop placement is a best guess working from Brassey's level illustrations.

Thinking of painting her Victorian and caller her the "Black Adder"! In which case arming the forward wing guns seems a most appropriate option.

j.

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

LOL J... I'll see what I can scare up on below the WL for you.

5. Anachronus

Thanks. The OCD part of my brain chemistry hates the "wild assed guess" method.