Aug 14-15 battle

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by Jay Jennings, Jul 18, 2010.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Good. Sound like your ready.

2. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Hi Guys: Sorry I could not be there but life gets in the way. Had to pick up my sister at the airport on sat. night (2am), came in from Singapore for a suprise 2 week visit
    How did it go at the Grove?

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

The grove went well. We were a little late starting. Then jay ran into some pneumatic issues. when he fired his duals the pressure would not release. Issue was soon tracked down as he was firing from the Mav2 rather than the mav 3 . So once we started on the first sortie the Tennessee sunk. It is definitely bow heavy. Even though i sank i manage to put some good belows on the Nagato. The second sortie was the same. we patched the belows and due to weight distribution the Tenn sank again. It was a good sunday had by all. The only thing we need is to getv the 20 lb co2 tank filled it is mostly air atb this point.

4. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

I have a few pics and I think Dave does too. I will get them from him and post them.
    Scharnhorst had a complete internal refit over the last 2 weeks. The hull was stripped completely inside and out, the stringers were repaired and reinforced, broken ones fixed, she was resheeted, redecked, 3 new drive tubes installed, three functional shafts although I have only powered two at this point, and the guns were redone. I now have a dual side mount on the STBD side, a 1 1/2 unit side mount to PORT and a single stern mount angled slightly to PORT. I am very pleased with the overall performance. I am able to keep up with Nagato both forward and reverse, starting and stopping, but she still out turns me as she always will. I have the refit pics and will post them soon.
    J

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Scharnhorst is allowed a dual sidemount?

6. Jay Jennings

Yup, her length gives her 3 side mounts
    J

7. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Jay Scharnny may not use more than one cannon in a side mount check the IRC rules. The rule states and I quote"
    The following ships may have two side firing cannons in a single turret covering a side quadrant provided that they are the only side firing cannons covering that quadrant:
    1) HMS Nelson class
    2) Any ship on the Ship List with a LOA of more than 800 feet
    Scharnny's length according to the ship list is 771 at her longest so she is not entitled to a dual side mount.

Chris

8. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Correct Chris. Scharnhorst can't have a dual sidemount under IRCWCC, Treaty (or MWC) rules. She is allowed 3 side mounts under Treaty rules but they all have to be in different turrets, meaning all 3 of Schranhorst's turrets would be side firing.
    Not a bad idea for a Treaty Scharnhorst because there could be a 1.5 unit cannon in each turret and a 1 unit pump. Not so good under IRCWCC or MWC rules because they allow only a single 1.5 unit cannon for some reason. That never made sense to me and NABS at one time gave HMS Courageous an exemption so each of her 2 turrets could have a 1.5 unit gun.
    Sticking with IRCWCC rules Scharnhorst's maximum firepower would be a 1.5 unit sidemount, a 1 unit sidemount and dual bow or stern guns.
    Bob

9. Jay Jennings

I stand corrected. I just reread the IRCWCC rules. I must have confused them with the Treaty rules.
    it is an easy fix and will change it back.
    J

10. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Well have fun with it Jay and enjoy it.

11. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Leave the side mounts for the rest of the year.