Axis Doom ->Tromp build

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Beaver, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

I need to update this thread. Tromp has gone through some changes and has become a very feared spurt cruiser. She's getting a refit to become even more fearsome with probably the most ambitious load out for a ship this size. More on that later. Here she is ready for the 2022 nats with her sister built for @Nomercy.
    More to come....

Attached Files:

Panzer, Nomercy and darkapollo like this.
  2. Beaver

Here's one of the biggest innovations and improvements to Tromp as a spurt cruiser, no co2 supply. The 12g adapter and BC reg have been removed from the boat in favor of two copper accumulators with check valves. Charge off an external reg before battle and you're ready to do some impressive damage to an opponent! The gas/$$ savings is excellent as well. Turn around time for campaign is faster and the spurts seem more powerful than off a capsule. Very happy.

PXL_20220826_162245410.jpg

notSoGnarly and vicious p like this.
  3. Beaver

Another pic of the tank. Screws right into the solenoid.
    PXL_20220724_160551094.jpg

4. vicious p

vicious p Well-Known Member

How many “spurts” per gun do you get before your empty or is it a one shot deal? How are you recharging the accumulator?

5. Beaver

It's one shot per trigger pull. Two half unit spurts in the ship so you get two trigger pulls but that's it. Tanks are charged prior to battle using a standard CO2 tank with a reg. I use a poppit valve on a piece of hose to make filling faster. Stick the hose in the 1/4PTC fitting, press the poppit to fill the tank, pop the hose off, SPURT!

vicious p likes this.
  6. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Makes sense. A cartridge can get you the same number of shots per oz of CO2 as a larger bottle in theory, but it can't supply it as fast. So a sudden, large demand like a spurt firing would easily drop your system pressure. Two independent accumulators charged from a shore supply though, no limits. I bet that thing rocks at campaign.

7. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

yeppers. and this isn't going to be the only boat so armed next year at campaign.

8. Beaver

Changing things up. After building a Tromp for @Nomercy and liking the brushed drive in that more than the brushless drive in mine I've decided to change it out.
    PXL_20230325_204548128.jpg

This required me to shorten up the stuffing tubes about 2in. Also going to try printed props this time.

PXL_20230319_211932347.jpg

9. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Hey I recognize those.

Nomercy likes this.