Battle 23rd Aug

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by Jay Jennings, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

I am on vacation for the next two weeks, but I hope some of you get out and play. The 23rd of August at 11 am at Uniacke House (unless there is another spot we can use) I will out with Scharnhorst, should be able to get Steve Crane for sure.
    J

2. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

The Mogami is ready, willing and more the able
    I for one will be there

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I am working to trade my early shift that day. Will there be any Allied ships on the water???????

4. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

I go back to the Grand Banks August 4th, returning September 1st, I'm looking at taking some bank days next time home and having a 2 month break, so Sept/Oct I should be good to go. USS Sangamon was on the water today and had a nice cruise, esc worked good, so did her cannon. Little Rock will be having another cruise before I leave, I swapped out her poppit/servo gun system for KIP solenoids/Team Delta boards with a couple expansion tanks.

5. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Hopefully we can battle right up until October

6. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

I'll be in NB Aug. 21-23 - have to complete repairs and repaint of the cottage.
    Bob

7. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Well I am home from an eventful but otherwise good vacation. We went to my parents cottage which is a couple hours north of Toronto.
    Day 2 Mom knocks on our bedroom door and tells us (Pam and I) that Dad is having chest pains and to go meet the ambulance. YIKES!! Thank God he is alright- no heart attack!
    On the second Friday we were there, Tommy the fellow dog sitting for us, calls and says that we were broken into. They took the TV, DVD, X-BOX and 180 DVDs and some frozen meat. Who knows what stupidity lurks in the minds of A------S? They pulled all the stuff off of our basement shelves, including the SHINANO yup she is damaged. They also left a chicken from the freezer under all that stuff and a bag of haddock fillets under some plastic bags. What a stink!
    Anyway, I don't think I will have Scharnhorst resheetted by the weekend- I haven't found all my stuff yet. Tom did a great job picking stuff up, but he didn't know where to put everything, hell I don't know where it all goes!!!!! I will see what I can do.
    PS. for everyone who figures dogs will keep out thieves (like me), I have 3 Pitbulls and these clowns came in through a window in the middle of the day, while the dogs were out back. Set your alarm!!!!!
    J

8. Bob Pottle

Jay,
    That's a shame about the break-in. Our place was broken into while I was at the 2003 IRCWCC Nats so I know what it's like.
    We should cancel Sunday's battle and 'batten down the hatches' for Hurricane Bill. The latest NHC and CHC tracks show Bill passing between Halifax and Sable Island and making landfall east of us (around Canso). The hurricane force winds have been extending as far as 115 miles from the eye and it's still category 3 so we could be hit hard. We'll also be getting about 4" of rain Sunday.
    Bob

9. Bob Pottle

I just checked the Canadian Hurricane Centre's latest track. The closest approach of the center of Hurricane Bill to Halifax is now plotted as just over the width of the Bay of Fundy offshore, so 40-50 miles away. Hurricane force winds are still being detected 115 miles from the eye.
    Bob

10. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

OMG Does that mean what is sounds like. You will have a hurricane visiting?

11. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Yep a Hurricane warning. Where (or if it) will make landfall is another thing. Hurricane Bill.

12. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

And it blew by. It sucked. (insert your own Monica joke here)

13. Bob Pottle

Yeah, it was a near miss - the eye was 75km (45 miles) offshore with much higher winds on the seaward side. Lots of rain, tree limbs banging on the side of the house for a few minutes, some tree limbs and a few trees down, but it was minor compared to the direct hit by Hurricane Juan 6 years ago.
    Bob

14. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Glad that the event was so minor!

Marty