Battle at new pond in GA Aug 20-21

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Tugboat, Jul 31, 2011.

1. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

clark,
    Grossssssssssssssssssssssssssss! have fun this weekend!!! A Little Off topic! I never new you were a ham? So are my mom Janet Shadle KG4JBB and My Step-dad Jerry Shadle WA3ULT!! I'm also Looking at getting my Ham License! But I don't know!!! with me have problems talking, I don't know! But I'm going to try!!!!
    Nikki

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Hi Nikki,
    OFf topic, there are several hams in the hobby. There are several options for hams that do not involve talking. First and most obvious is using morse code, which is not terribly hard to learn. There are also a number of digital modes where you use an inexpensive device ($40-ish) to connect your computer's sound card to your radio, and use free software to send messages over your radio. The most popular is PSK-31. Google it and see what you think.

On-topic for everyone: The battle begins in a few short hours! I was up late (for me) last night getting armor in my new Baden. No SS yet, so I spent a few minutes making 1/144 Fokker DVIIT (hypothetical navalized version) and a quickie flight deck to mount above the casements :) Pics to follow. But she tested out fine with her gear as follows: Strike Models hull, Battlers Connection guns, MAG throttle and microswitch pump switch, Clippard poppet valves (two stern sidemounts and twin bow guns 15 degrees to stbdwith a little downangle (really shallow, barely more down than cruiser guns), and servos and 9-channel radio ($50) from Hobby King. Pump is an ancient Swampworks pump as I continue to refine my brass pumps. If it sucks wind today, I'll swap out the impeller in the shop tonite.

The Glorious Hochseeflotte is outnumbered 3 to 8, perfect odds; yet I fear that allied fears of being routed may lead to another flag/no flag event. We do wish our NC brethren would come visit! :) More details on the glorious Allied defeat to be posted tonite! Heil Fluegel!

3. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Chester went down gloriously, though not at my hands.