Battle: May Madness

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by mike5334, May 9, 2008.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Groovy.

2. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

3. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

this comeing up battle wont be much fun unless we ge somemore axis ships

4. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

I agree! Since when is the French the lone Axis representative?? ;)

5. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

ok today me and my dad finished all of the deack work. he said he has some questions on how to glue the sub deck in.

6. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Rick and Don are both coming, they may have not signed up is all, Don with his new Rock the boat Cleveland, and Rick with his new Scheer

7. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

mike are you just bringing the big french ship

8. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Welp, the Richelieu probably won't make it to this battle. It still has the bad gearbox, and I haven't even touched the ship since the last battle.

Instead, I have a new French cruiser to play with. And the Lutzow will be there as a loaner/backup.

9. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

Mike loves his ships with those white flags ready to go :)

10. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

yes i plan to bring a feind with me and i was hopeing to have a boat he could use for atleast one sorte.

11. Tugboat

Zack, if you and your dad want to come over, Brian is coming over Wednesday night to help with my boat. If you guys don't want to make the drive, you can call either me or Brian. Brian is better at subdecks than I am, though :)

12. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

well we got the big one glued in

13. Tugboat

Excellent! If you guys come over tonite, bring it so we can take a digital pic and post your ship on here :)

14. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

turns out bob and i where talking about diff battles so i dount have a boat for the battle. i will be there what time and or how long will this section be. last wednessday we came we came to late.

15. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

now i have 2 freinds coming with me

16. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

All
    Hope you are all having a grand old time. Please post how things turned out.
    Mikey

17. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

i coudnt make it sunday . i went to a drive in theater and didnt get back till 3 am

18. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

We only had 7 boats on the water this weekend. Don had to work, Franks's mother passed away, the Atlanta group all had to pass, and Tuggy had to sleep.

But as always we had alot of fun, not many sinks, beside my PE pushing over Mike's new French cruiser the Glorie and sending it to the bottom.

He is using a fast pump and my new outlet, we shot it up pretty good, but he added the concrete patch water channel also, so the damm thing would not sink, it just kept pumping itself out. But all it needed was a little nudge from the PE, and down she went.

I'm so sorry Mike,(said with great sincerity) but with a large smile on my face.

But all kidding aside, what a nice looking ship. As I told Mike, if it was not French I would consided building one, just kidding again.

19. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

Good to hear the group had fun. Anyone get any pictures?

20. Tugboat

Tuggy had to work this weekend because someone called in sick. To add insult to injury, the person who works Sunday night called in sick, and I got called in tonite, too... (at least I got time and a half and a half). Australia is coming along nicely, thanks to Brian making me work on it. The motor mount is particularly cool, and entirely Brian's idea... I drilled and tapped a hole on the bottom of one of my aluminum gearboxes, and drilled a matching hole in the hull, where a single screw holds the motor and GB solidly. Looks clean as heck, install-wise, and it's plenty strong. I'll post pics in my build thread tomorrow.

The sheeted side looks awesome with the bulge and knuckle (and the stringer underneath ;) Yes, she will run and gun, no, she won't get in ramming range of David's holy terror :)