Battle: May Madness

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by mike5334, May 9, 2008.

1. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Sounds like we all missed out on a lot of fun times. Thanks for the post.
    I was able to get away for part of the weekend, but not long enough to make the trip down.
    Mikey

2. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

I had a great time even though both ships was having problems. The Gloire was running great ... just wish the cannons were working. Heh.

I don't mind sinking ... it's all part of the fun. So no problem Dave. :) Besides, in last sortie after the Florida guys left, two of the British ships added even more holes to give the Glorie a "proper" sink. ;)

Many thanks to Pete and Brian for hosting the battle. I'm hoping for a pre-Nats shakedown battle in June. Heh.

3. froggyfrenchman

Mike
    Did you run your BB at all this time?
    Also. You have a new French light cruiser. Wow. That's the first I have heard
    of it...
    Sounds like the Frenchie may have served up a little frustration of his own this time around.
    Haha.
    Mikey

4. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Nope, the Richy stayed home. It stayed home with a bad gearbox that I didn't have time to fix before this battle. Instead, I took the Lutzow and the new French light cruiser "Gloire". The Gloire hadn't sailed under power nor had air to it's cannons until last Saturday. I was really impressed it did so well with everything except the cannons. She starts and stops on a dime, turns somewhat well for a single rudder cruiser, and the damage control is exceptional in my opinion. It even sinks nice and even up to the last second before it slips under water.

And it's a brand new ship. That is what is amazing. :)

5. froggyfrenchman

Well she is French after all.
    Haha.
    Well done fellow Frenchman.
    Mikey

6. froggyfrenchman

Mike. Mike. Mike.
    You need to keep the word "scuttle" in mind when the decks are about to go awash.
    haha.
    Mikey

7. zackcon2

zackcon2 Member

all last week i was in oklahma at my uncles house thats y i did come that wednessday this last i for got also im have probs with my computer so i might not get on the froms very often