battle on!

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by sinkin321, Jun 4, 2009.

1. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Ok guys. Got the go ahead for Uniacke House today. I will be going to the lake to check the bottom this weekend and to look at the site for first of July regatta. I will keep you posted on progress but for now we have an open invite for the site, as long as we respect the park. I will get back to you soon.

2. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

OK, it is JUNE already. Steve Crane and I are going to be running and shooting each other this coming weekend. If anyone would like to join us, pipe up and be counted! If Uniacke House is a go, we were thinking about going there. Doesn't matter what boat you bring, doesn't even matter if it is 100% ready yet, just get them out there!!! Reply here,
    J

3. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

ya i would love to get some shooting going but this weekend is no good i gota work:(, ill need a couple weeks heads up so I can boot them off.

4. Jay Jennings

Jason, you can count on pretty much every weekend from now on.
    J

5. Jay Jennings

OK people, so far we have Steve Crane, Paul, John and myself who are for sures. Steve Hill plan's on it and Bob is hoping to be on town and can therefore show up.
    I know there are more of you out there. There is no point in having boats if they just collect dust. We are planning for Sunday morning. Like I said, it doesn't matter if the boat is at 100% or not. The best way to get it there is to run it and get the systems working. Or just have fun maneuvering to avoid being shot. I hope to see as many Captains as possible.
    J

6. slow_and_ugly

slow_and_ugly Active Member

Hi,
    I am planning to come with the Tirpitz. No battle for me since I am still(!) working on the drive line.
    There is no set screw in the pinion gear and the motor shaft isn't getting a tight enough fit to hold it.
    I have soldered it on, but I did that before but it didn't get a good seal. Next I will try to find a matching pinion with a set screw.

But even if the drive fails, I can get some gas and pressurize the pneumatics and setup my guns.

Rob Clarke

7. Jay Jennings

Excellent, see you there...and don't worry, none of us would shoot you;).
    J

8. Jay Jennings

Would you like us to bring some, one of us may have a match.
    J

9. slow_and_ugly

Can't hurt --- I'll try to get to Mighty Samll Cars at lunch to see if I can find one.

10. Jay Jennings

Hey all, I figure if we plan for 10 am and get going by 11 am we should be good.
    J

11. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

ok i think i can make it for a bit like u said jay. a $1000 dust collector is just stupid so 10 am but where?

12. Jay Jennings

Mount Uniacke House in Mount Uniacke. 758 #1 highway If you go on the mount Uniacke road, you can't miss it there are signs. It is called Uniacke Estate Museum Park. Hope to see you there!!!
    J

13. slow_and_ugly

Hi,
    Sorry....I gotta cancel. My wife is sick and I gotta look after the kids.
    sigh.....

14. slow_and_ugly

Hi,
    I managed to get away just after 10, got to the pond just before 10:45-- and no one was there. Was there a change of locale?

15. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

we were at mount unicake

16. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

What time did you get there? i was there at 10:30 and took a walk around and by 11 I did not see anyone so I left as well.

17. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

i was late say 12 ish and jay was there and Steve Crane was just getting there too.

18. Jay Jennings

Rob, the spot we are using is where the fire dept fills their trucks, just off the main parking lot. I am surprised you and Paul didn't find each other. Unfortunately everything was running late yesterday. It was a good time, Steve sank me this week, (I got him last week) so it evens things out. Jason Clarke brought his VDT. A friend of mine ran Lutzow. We didn't have any extra gas so there were only 3 ships firing, but it was fun.
    J

19. Jay Jennings

I am going away for three weeks but will be back early July. How about a battle on the weekend of 10 July? Lets try to get a big turnout, since there is lots of notice.
    Lets get some battle time happening, pick a time post it and get out there. You guys need to get your boats on the water before I sink you!!:) You know, to make it a fair fight. See you soon,
    J

20. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

July first was cancelled and we will see what happens after with the lake