Battle Report

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by bb26, Sep 12, 2009.

1. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

This afternoon saw 5 boats hit the water. The scharnhorst, nagato, the PE, the HMS roberts and the contraption of John Coffil. Think of a large cargo ship armed with 3 cannons. The Roberts was not armed and was being operated by dave as a blocker. The first battle saw the PE sink as well as the Roberts (twice). The Co tank was used up so a quick run to Banshee Paintball was in order to refil the bottles. The first battle was the scharny and PE vs Nagato and the contraption. Battle 2 saw the Lutzow make an appearance. this time it was Lutzow and Nagato vs Scharny, PE and the contraption. Once again the PE sunk. I believe there is a missing hole somewhere as when it was sent out for the second battle the damage from the first was patched. The Lutzow sank as well. A good afternoon battling. I only had to wade in twice while John coffil was in a few more times and at a deeper level.

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Hey Paul and guys glad to hear it went well. Hey Paul do you think that the water is seeping in through the old patches? I had a similar thing happen to Yamato. It just oozed water straight through the silkspan patches as there was no longer balsa backing it. Resheet ?

3. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Ahhhh the smell of battling in the air, I love it. My carrier leaks right through the stuffing tubes. Someday I'll have to fix that... ;)

4. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Part of the problem was that when I put the bottle in I had an issue with balance and was leaning to the left covering the pump outlet. I did patch between battles but it still was taking on water. I suspect some of the patches were either leaking or I had some damage I did not notice. I just finished patching and there some cracks in the Balsa I did not see. Everything has been re patched and I checked the existing patching. I should be good enough to get me through the rest of the season but she is definitely going to need to be re sheeted. So what color paint did you use on it?

5. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

I just use a light spray of primer. Grey and red. Black and white if I get fancy.

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I would like to get the grey, green and the deck colors back as I will start to repair some of the finer detail on the boat.

7. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Its good to hear that it went well.

8. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

It did. We are looking at more saturdays to battle rather than sundays.

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Saturdays are better days. Paul I used primer grey and green outdoor paint .Istill have the green paint so I will grt the exact brand for you

10. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Anybody planning on going out again this weekend?

11. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I think some of us could be convinced to come out

12. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Just tell Steve C I'll bring Sangamon for him to shoot at!

13. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm carrier sink.

14. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Well it does have a cannon and pump onboard, although that is for Treaty, since you guys probably go full fast gun I might have to man up and run it as a convoy ship with neither, won't be easy though as Little Rock has some wicked dual sterns now that I pimped it out.

15. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

So is the Grove still the spot? What happened to Uniacke House?

16. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

My understanding that they wouldn't permit dredging as there are "artifacts" in the water. The grove at this time of year is nice. no swimmers. The odd canoeist

17. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

We are going out Saturday between 11 and 1130 ish at the Grove. All are welcome. I am hoping to have the Gas tank back filled by them and will update. Just in case it cost $4.50 to fill my 9 oz at Banshee. See you all there. Scott don't worry about you carrier firing and pumping, we are just going out and having fun and no body minds.
    J

18. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Drat, I'll miss this battle too. I'll be NB for the next 3 weekends doing prep work on the cottage before the contractor raises it and puts a foundation under it.
    Bob

19. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

hey Paul: You forgot to mention that the contraption never sank and that the deep sink i went for was not mine... Its not that often that i stay afloat so i takes it when i gets it. The ship that i have is the old carrier redone. Think of a larger Pundua, three guns and a pump, not to rules but i needed to put something in the water while Mogami is being built.

20. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Jay: I am having the tank filled and it will be ready on Fri. for me to pick up so we will have gas.