Battle Report

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by bb26, Sep 12, 2009.

1. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Gas is good. The contraption worked well. Now let's see if I can get the balance back on the PE and look for the source of the water leak

2. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

you could fill her full of water to find the leeak Paul.

3. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Well Sangamon will pump, but not shoot, I was tuning up Little Rock's guns this afternoon and her Palmer light regulator bit the dust,not sure exactly what the problem is but it's not good,after both guns were emptied twice I turned the gas on for the third go and the entire system froze up really bad,so cold you couldn't touch it, right from the capsule to the solenoids, let it thaw and tried a new capsule,same deal. I took the BC standard regulator out of the carrier and put it in and everything worked fine again. I only have the two regs so unless somebody has a spare laying around she'll have to be just a target.

4. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

You should be able to rebuild the Palmer reg pretty easily. They were made to be field strippable. Most likely, the o-rings on the regulator piston is either corroded and sticking the piston in the bore, or one of the o-rings is pinched. Try taking the reg apart, cleaning it out, oil the orings, and put it back together.

Palmers are good regulators if they are treated right. Many people don't realize that you must oil the regulators by putting three drops of light oil into the gas end of the regulator before screwing on the CO2 bottle. This keeps the internals lubricated and prevents corrosion. Palmer recommends this for his regulators (it is in the instructions).

5. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Hi Mike,

Thanks! If I get a few minutes I'll take it apart and see whats up, I 'm busy tying up the loose ends in the two boats for tomorrow so when it happened I just set it aside to be dealt with later. It was previously owned when I got it so I never got instructions with it, however the oil does make sense, is it just for the Palmers or would it be helpful to throw some in my standard reg too? also what kind of light oil would work best?

Scott

6. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

I use a light oil such as 3-in-1 or a gun oil. Not sure about using it in other regs ... I've never used anything other than Palmer for my ships. When I played paintball a decade ago everyone used oil if they were using CO2.

You can find instructions for rebuilding Palmer regulators on thier web site at www.palmer-pursuit.com. You might have to dig for it. I recall there was a link on the Palmer forums to a video showing how to rebuild palmer regulators in less than 5 minutes.

7. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Scott, are you planning on coming out tomorrow? If so 1100 - 1130 ish at the Grove. It is supposed to rain tomorrow, so we will have to play it by ear. I will post updates here, e-mail me if you need to.
    J

8. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Hey Jay, just sent ya an e-mail about that, I'm dropping the wife off for work at 8:30am and heading down, I'll be there about 10am, want to try and get a speed test done and just run around for a bit to work everything out,she's slightly heavier now that I have the solenoids/tanks in her, I swapped out my Treaty pump and 2" Treaty rudder for a unrestricted flow rate pump and 3" rudder(as per IRCWCC rules)

Scott

9. Jay Jennings

Cool, look forward too it.
    J

10. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Steve C, Jay, Paul and myself hit the water today at the Grove, Little Rock was in combat for the first time after Steve and Jay pitched in to fix problems with the rudder and one motor(Both caused by me) I didn't make the first sortie so it was Nagato(Steve C) vs Scharnhorst(Jay)and the PE(Paul), 2nd sortie it was Nagato and Little Rock(Me) vs Scharnhorst and PE. Scharnhorst sank in the 2nd sortie, I think one of his sidemounts got stuck in the side of Nagato and caused him to be pushed under. Steve has the pics I took and somebody will be posting them, we are planning on another battle this coming weekend.

11. Chris Easterbrook

Its good to hear that you got out Scott and it sounds like fun was had by all.

12. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

It was definitely a good time had by all. It was a bit windy at the grove. The PE went out with only 1 gun. One of the servos was glitching and will be replaced this week.

13. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Wow crap i missed it, Mogami will be ready this weekend, any one going out?

14. Jay Jennings

We are, everyone sing out as to which day is better and then we'll make a decision. i need to know by night time 22 Sept. I have been in contact with some of the non forum guys already. J
    PS the pics will go up tomorrow, the wife is working days and i am driving, up at 0400 so in bed now.

15. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Sunday would be my preference but either day works for me, just let me know. Working on installing my other TD board so I can have independant stern guns, used my ammo up too quick with the duals!

16. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Sat or Sun is fine with me Mogami is ready for battle as well as HMCS Contraption ( thanks Paul )

17. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I think HMCS Contraption is a bit better than HMCS WTF:D

18. Jay Jennings

Well, Sunday it is. That also works better for Steve C and myself. So, Sunday at the Grove between 1100 and 1130 ish.See you all there,
    J

19. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

So any word on how sunday went?

20. Chris Easterbrook

I was talking to Jay last night and he said it went well.