Battle Report

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by bb26, Sep 12, 2009.

1. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Well here goes: Sun. saw Jay, Steve C. and myself at the Grove. Scharnie had a glitch so to kill time while we waited Steve made short work of the contraption, which had the guns removed and 3 large batteries added for weight. over all the ship worked well until it sank. When it was brought in the Mogami took over and worked very well all be it a bit slow. Within a short time a problem came up that i have never had before, two servos acting at the same time on the same channel, every time i turn the guns fired. Before i ran out of gas i got in some good shots at Scharnie and Nagato and more important never sank. The day was alot of fun and we had a young person looking on that was VERY interested so we'll see. Oh ya. we empteid the contaption and tied it out in the lake and videoed the ship with Scharnie and Nagato dumping full mags in the poor old thing which sank with style and about 4lbs of bbs in the hull. I tried to count hole but its not worth it, ship has to be 60% resheeted.

2. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

That I would love to see.

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Me too.

4. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, I have been delinquent. I have some photos to post of the last two battles. Steve has some more that he is going to send me. He also has the video and he will bring that down too. Now, Steve also offered up the Sinker Maru as a target ship, similar to the contraption deal, for practice or annihilation. Can anyone come out this weekend? I have a couple guys in my office that want to see a battle. I am good either day, but need to know soon, the wife is off this weekend and we are stripping out the basement carpet.
    Again, I will post some pics ASAP.
    Later, J

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

That's cool Jay.

6. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Mogami is repaired and ready to go.
    I picked up a hull from Ralph today and it is the thickest hull i have ever seen ( three layers at least) I don't even know if it could be cut out in a day but i will try this weekend. All the material is here for it and the ss is already built so it should hit the water in no time at all. I have built a Tirpitz before so all this is a repeat of the other Tirpitz. I figure this should alow me to stand toe to toe with Scharnie and make it back to shore. Mogami will be the back up and with a pair of speed 400's should be a good back up.
    Jay i will try to send you the vid that i have, it is about 5 min. longer than Steve's as his memory card filled up pretty quick.

7. Jay Jennings

Sounds good John. As promised, here are the pics of LAST weeks battle. The current ones will go up when I get them all.
    [​IMG]
    The USS Little Rock getting ready.
    [​IMG]
    Paul and Steve testing guns with the PE in the foreground,
    [​IMG]
    Jay and Tim working on Scharnhorst,
    [​IMG]
    Nice day at the Grove, Scott Foster took the pic,
    [​IMG]
    Nagato in the pits getting ready,
    [​IMG]
    A bit of running around,
    [​IMG]
    Formation?? (almost),
    [​IMG]
    Combat!![​IMG]
    Paul's incoming,
    [​IMG]
    The Germans,
    [​IMG]
    Scharnhorst and Nagato...just before it happened,
    [​IMG]
    Nagato, Little Rock and Prince Eugen. Check out the top left, that is Scharhorst's superstructure marking the location of the boat. Don't need a marker bouy!!
    [​IMG]
    Steve in the front and Jay in the water.
    These pics were taken by Scott Foster, which is why there is not too many of Little Rock. She did get out that day. More to follow, later
    J

8. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Nice to see some new photos. Well done.
    Mikey

9. Jay Jennings

As it turns out, Sunday is the better day for me. I will use Friday and Sat to remove old carpet. Speak up guys, times awasting!!
    J

10. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Jay that water looks really cold.

11. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Great pictures, Love the flag, Paul. It is good to see the Nagato again, (Especially when it is not shooting at me)

12. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Great pics guys!! Nice to see someone else enjoy the cold water besides me at the Grove. What Paul? PE didin't sink? Hey Steve still have a wet quarterdeck eh?
    Wish I could have been there to battle with you guys.

13. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

The PE sank. Trust me it sank. I just didnt have to walk out so far.

14. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Ooohh. Paul you need a bigger boat to stay afloat longer!!

15. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Paul you need a good class 5 or 5.5 to me the best all around ships are in that area.