Battle reports

Discussion in 'Midwest Naval Combat Club' started by froggyfrenchman, Nov 17, 2013.

1. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

All
    Just wanted to thank everyone that supported our group this year.
    Not only the folks that were able to attend our events. But also the folks that support us in so many other ways that some of the folks in the group may not be aware of.

Topping the list is almost certainly our loaner boat program.
    Thanks to Jeff C., Mark, Steve, Phil, Matt, Kevan, Fred, and probably others that have been loaning out their extra boats so that the newer folks can take part in the battles instead of just watching them.And also if someone else's boat drops out of the combat during the event, then the extra boats are always there, ready to go.
    And some of the folks leave their boats with us all season, so that if they are not able to attend the battles, their boats can still be loaned out.
    I can't think of a single event this season when we didn't have at least two or three battle-ready boats just sitting on the tables ready to go if they were needed.
    That is a huge deal, when it comes to growing the group. And also making sure that the folks that make the trip out to our events with one boat will still be able to take part if their own boat experiences the gremlins.

Thanks also to the folks that come out to our events even though they don't have a boat to run, or just don't plan to battle, and help others keep their boats going. Bat, Bill, and some others.
    Others do run their own boats, and loan out extra boats and still find the time to help others with technical issues. Mark, Phil, Matt, and some others.
    Thanks also to those that always chip in with the food, drinks, CO2, and that sort of thing, so that we can keep down the entry fees.

This was one of the most fun seasons of battling the boats that I have ever had in all the years that I have been doing this. It rates right up there with the peak years with the old Midwest Battle Group when several of the Ohio folks would meet up and travel over to Indiana for a day or weekend of battling. Great fun.
    Plenty of chatting up the boats, and building.
    Thanks again to all for a truly great season.
    Mikey

2. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

If u are interested
    IRCWCC
    NATS 2016
    June 19-24
    Bradford
    I have been there.
    It is not a big pond
    kas

3. froggyfrenchman

I would like to thank everyone for supporting the event out in Xenia last weekend.
    We had plenty of extra boats on-hand thanks to the folks supporting the loaner-boat program.
    We had a pretty good turn-out of captains as well. Including quite a few new folks that are currently working on projects.
    We had folks taking photos, and running a new video-quad, and cooking for us, so that we could keep the event moving along.
    Three days full of great battling, and hanging out and chatting up the boats.
    Some building at my shop in the evenings to keep the boats battle-ready for the next day's battling.
    There were quite a few sinks in Treaty. And on Sunday we were able to get in a Battlestations battle, as well as a single sortie of Denmark Straits (although the Bismarck was not there, and we had to have the Scharnhorst stand in for it).
    A truly fun and wonderful event.
    Thanks again to all.
    Mikey

kgaigalas likes this.
  4. froggyfrenchman

I have been too busy to get on here long enough to put together a battle report worth reading.
    But it did occur to me that the highlight of the battling was probably Phil's Tashkent sinking at the hands of an unarmed French convoy ship in Battlestations on Sunday.:D
    Mikey

5. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

no, that was the Moggy, that almost sank, :D
    Nikki

6. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

But the Tashkent DID sink. Lol.

NASAAN101 likes this.
  7. NASAAN101

Ya, and I almost fell in getting her

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  8. froggyfrenchman

Vance and I both had a wonderful time at the Xenia battle today.
    The weather was great, and hanging out and helping folks get, and keep, their boats on the water was very enjoyable.
    It was also great seeing some of the newer folks running their own boats. And also seeing some of the folks that have not been seen in a while.
    And meeting new folks is always good stuff.
    Looking forward to tomorrow.
    Mikey

NickMyers likes this.
  9. rcaircraftnut

Still feeling like I missed out today. But I am in town now and ready for tomorrow.

Are we there yet? Haha haha!

10. froggyfrenchman

Had another great day of fun at the battle. The weather was perfect again.
    Had a couple/few sinks again today.
    Nut was able to drop in and get his big hypo out on the water and into combat.
    It was awesome.
    We have not been able to get any Battlestations battles in while I was there the last two days.
    But it sounds like there will be some tomorrow.
    Mikey

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  11. rcaircraftnut

Also we nuked a PE today. Video to follow.

NASAAN101 likes this.
  12. rcaircraftnut

Vid of the stand off 1000 yrds and squint Prinz Eugen getting NUKED!

absolutek and WillCover like this.
  13. NASAAN101

How did i know you were going post this, I"m still not going to chance how i fell about eugen! Shes still My little lady :)
    Nikki

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  14. NASAAN101

all I have to say to that is :p
    Nikki

15. rcaircraftnut

That was fun. But I wish I had remembered the ear plugs.

16. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

eyes and ears man, eyes and ears

17. NASAAN101

J, Tell them about you pinning a snake between the ohio and the dock!!!
    Nikki

18. froggyfrenchman

Had a wonderful time at the Xenia battle event this weekend,
    I will probably try to post a battle report in the near future. But I thought I would post something else about the event that I just thought of.
    It was great fun hanging out with our boat pals, running the combat boats, and chatting up the ships, their histories, and all of that fun stuff that we all enjoy so much. And we did all of this in the format that we call Treaty.
    It reminded of a sunny morning in Ravenna, Ohio back in 2007. May 5th. At around 10 am.
    Our good friend Roland hosted the first ever Washington Treaty Combat event, where a bunch of R/C warship combatants gathered together at a great battle site, and tried out a brand new version of R/C warship combat, that was designed to change the competitive aspects of the hobby, by putting limits on pumping capacity, rate-of-fire, muzzle-velocity, and barrel depression, as well as reducing speeds, maximum ship weights, and pumping capacities.
    The basic theory was that by capping, and/or reducing certain aspects of the battling, more captains would have more fun. And when captains have fun at the battle this time, it will increase their desire to come to the battle next time.
    I had a great time at the Treaty battle this weekend. And I am looking forward to coming to the next Treaty battle.
    Thanks to all that support the hobby of R/C warship combat (in general), and Treaty, and the Midwest Naval Combat Club (in particular).
    As Stan would say..
    Let's battle!
    Mikey

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  19. froggyfrenchman

All

The next battle is in Xenia, Ohio on June 9-10.
    At the event this past weekend we decided to try picking admirals for each team, and then allocating them a certain amount of time each day of the event that they could use to purchase time extensions leading into each sortie.
    Then at the end of each sortie, we set a start time for the next sortie. The admirals go through the same process for getting started on time, or purchasing extensions.
    The idea is that if we can get the early sorties started fairly close to the scheduled start time, then we have a good chance of getting in more sorties as the day progresses.
    We could also set a cutoff for asking for an extension leading into a sortie. Say 5-15 minutes.
    That way as folks start closing up boats to put them in the water they don't have to then stand down for an extension.
    And as always. Admirals could ask that one of their ships can enter the battle a couple minutes late without needing to hold up the battle, or use up their extension timer.

So we need to put up databases, so that we know what the teams will be. Pick up admirals. Set a start time for each day. And then tinker with how to figure out how much time we need between sorties and battles.

Mikey

20. rcaircraftnut

Interesting. Been wondering how you guys were gonna address this issue. Seems a fair and equitable arrangement to me.

froggyfrenchman likes this.