Battle Stations Pacific

Discussion in 'Scenarios / Gameplay' started by CURT, Feb 20, 2011.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Hey gang I just finished the Japanese Campaign and well History was rewritten. Pearl Harbour is under Japanese control. The Great East Asia is a reality. At least in this game anyway. I just started the American Campaign starting at the solomons. So far the game has been challenging even on rookie level but the detail to the graphics and the movement and sound and the whole spectacle has been amazing. The only odd thing is watching the crew casually walkabout their ships when a turret is hit or there is a massive explosion or fires. I kamakazed into the bridge of one destroyer and from the cockpit view of my plane just before it hit I ran into the Captain has he was crossing the bridge. I had one glitch with the AI in this game and that was at the campaign where I had to meet a Uboat and in doing so get pass a blockade. The scout plane was lost to AA fire but the game kept playing on. Also after I got through that level the game seem to jump from rookie to expert veteran insane mode. I finally barely managed to complete the level but I wouldn't want to repeat it again.
    The best thing I like about the game is the historical detail, the graphics of the ships and the control. I like the mini movies they play using realy footage. The CGI movies equally impressive. Great for people like me that want action with warships but winter conditions prevent any RC use.
    Time to go back and kick some butt for America.

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Rar!

A shame that they cannot do a game depicting the inevitable complete Axis control over all the world!!!

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Playing the USA side. Attacking Indo China. Trying to chase down a train through the mountains and valleys. I think I saw Steven Seagal on the train.

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Completed the USA Campaign. Japan surrendered. Yamato did beach itself and start shelling my base but I managed to blow it up with bombs. It sank most of my fleet on the way in towards the beach. All I had left was a heavily damaged Sodak, a Cruiser and a couple of Armored Transports.

5. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

Hearts of Iron 3 is a great to depict the Axis taking over the world. Althought youre looking at a map instead of actually commanding a fleet.
    Still a very well put together historical game.

6. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Ive owned HoI3 for about 2 years now and still ahvent spent more than an hour on it.. I think I'm terrified of what will happen if I do. HoI2 consumed months of my life...

7. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I havent tried HOI 3 but HOI 1 and 2 are great. Tried HOI 1 as the soviet Union. that is a tough gig.

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I been playing the game again and I made a huge tactical error . My carriersr and even my mighty Yamato were all sunk. My cruiser Myoko was left alone to fight off 3 destroyers and the Mighty Mo and bombers and planes and subs. Sank 2 destroyers with gun fire and torps and I duked it out under heavy fire from aircraft and the Mo's guns but the Mo just hammered me to pieces literally.