Battler's Connection Bismarck??

Discussion in 'General' started by Gettysburg114th, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Hello all, I am looking for info about the Battler's Connection Bismarck hull. Anyone have one? How is the hull scale wise? Armor belt in the correct location? Hull shape? Thanks, Bob

2. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor

I have not looked at the Bismark hull, but if it is like any of BC hulls I do have, quality and scale will be spot on...

3. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

You may want to consider Ralph Coles Tirpitz hull, I know that one is correct.

4. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

I saw the BC Bismarck plug under construction, it is as scale as the German source prints (two sources) can make it. The only change that was made was the prop skeg was lowered to fit a larger prop. Because in our hobby we run larger props than scale.

5. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

The original had excessive free-board actually, was about 5/8 in too much. I had mine at Nats this year, and made the mistake of cutting it down from the top, which raised the armour belt more than some liked, really did not matter since it still had the exact amount of open space cut out, but it did not look right.

Charlie has since removed the excess free-board and it right on now for a Bismarck. Tirpitz is a bit longer, so it not quite the right length for that one, but I don't think anyone will call you on it. My new one will be called the Tirpitz, because I like the torpedo tubes it carried, vs none on the Bismarck.