Battlers Connection Micro Bilge Pump

Discussion in 'Product Review' started by webwookie, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

[V] The only other cruiser on the pond was flying the wrong I mean a different ensign [:D]

2. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Poor Monk, his Boston never got a chance to be part of the team, and thus, never could be put to good use.

3. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

Are you kidding me I was put to good use Buster and Carl gave me the privilege NAY the Honor of being the official Yamer Gun tuning hull [:D]

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I had my Bismarck face off against 2 really good cruiser Captains who successfully kept me sandwiched between them and at the same time was able to keep me from sidemounting them or getting a decent shot off. Everytime I moved against one cruiser the other would be in a firing position with it's bow or stern gun and would peck away at me. They succeeded in shooting off my antenne destroying any radio control of the model. Bismarck was bow on into the beach and the 2 cruisers positioned themselves on both aft quarters and emptied their mags. Bismarck didn't sink but it lost due to points and took heavy waterline and above wl damage. The cruisers received little damage from Bismarck.

5. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Curt,
    I reviewed the logbook for SNS Canarias and see you defeated 3 CAs in Oct. 2000. Bismarck sank Rob Clarke's Takao in Sortie 3 and left a Lutzow (Steve Crane's?) in sinking condition. Canarias wasn't badly damaged, having its guns set for 12' range. The other CAs had to get closer to Bismarck to hit.

The next cruiser vs Bismarck action was in April 2001 and saw Bismarck defeated by Lutzow and Canarias, which stayed on Bismarck's flanks as you described. I think Bismarck might have been defeated once by a Northampton and Lutzow using the same tactics.

To get back on topic, all but one of my ships built since 2001 have used Camurati pumps. I've tested a variety of pumps and Carl's always had a higher output than the others (Battlers or Swampworks) with either 500 or 380 type motors. Tested one a few weeks ago with a 380RH and it put out 1.75 gpm! Impressive for a small motor.

Bob

6. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

There is a pump Steve Crane showed me a little while ago and it had a scorpion engine, we compared it to a Carl pump and I had a new BC pump and the scorpion was by far the best pump.

7. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

coming back to the original point of this old thread:
    I have now run destroyers in 2 Nats. Learned a few things pump wise.

1.The BC micro is a nice physical size and water output for a small destroyer.
    2. older ones had a motor mount for a very small motor and the plate had a cup to hold these. Brian Lamb likes them and has a good supply. I tried this and needed to go to 3S to get up to speed. BUT, after 3 sorties, the motor stated screeching. bearings are plastic on some of these motors and do not tolerate 12V.
    3. 380's are too big to fit in tiny destroyer. darn.
    4. sweet spot seems to be the standard 280 motor. robust. has oilite bushings. will tolerate more than 6V but I do not think it is necessary. I added a micro BEC in line when I need to use more than 8 volts on the main source battery.

HOPE THIS IS USEFUL.