Battlestations DKM Prinz Eugen

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by rcaircraftnut, Jun 12, 2016.

1. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Nut.
    Jeez, You didn't have to snap at me! I was asking!
    Nikki

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  2. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

I tried every lite touch I know and you just didn't get the point. We can be acquaintance's that both enjoy R/C warship combat, but you are way too hands on. You constantly invade my space bubble and when I move a step away you just close the gap. I don't want you or anyone else hanging on me or touching me. I like my SPACE!
    I have never seen anyone who feels the need to have pics taken with other peoples ships and projects. I do not want you holding my ships, touching my ships, diving in the pond to retrieve them, nothing. If anyone thinks I am being unreasonable. come to a battle and screen her off me for one hour and then you can say something.
    I tried to be nice, but I am not interested in becoming anything more than a person who you see at boat battles once in a while. NOTHING MORE!
    Now please leave me in peace.

KeriMorgret likes this.
  3. rcaircraftnut

And for the last time, the actual P.E. is at the Atoll. What I have is just some wood and metal bits that are shaped and glued to loosely resemble that ship. It is NOT the ship you are so hung up on. I is just some wood in the vague shape of it. I don't care why you have this issue about the PE but you have overloaded me on it. I am done. This ship is now being turned into a carrier.
    The cannons are for sale.
    This is the end of your obsession with me and my stuff.

KeriMorgret likes this.
  4. NASAAN101

Nut,
    Do went you went, I"m sorry! :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:
    Nikki

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  5. rcaircraftnut

Well since I am stuck at home for another week waiting to get back working, I have decided to go further with scale details on the Fokker DR1.
    I have decided to modify the top wing a bit to have a hatch on the bottom center to house a RX, batt, and sw for the ailerons so I can keep from having exposed wires running down the center cabane struts.
    I am not happy with how the builder and the kit plans make no provision for mounting the scale machine guns. They will sit way too high up, so I am going to cut out the center sheeting and inlet the guns to sit more scale. They will sit directly over the wing bolts effectively hiding them. Held on by rare Earth magnets so as to be removable for wing removal.
    I am going to add the scale stitched on leather cockpit coaming.
    I am going to do scale rib stitching and pinking tapes.
    I still need to decide on a color scheme, I have the paint for the factory scheme, and all other paints were applied over this in the field.
    I will post some pics as progress is made. It is raining here so no fiberglass work on the Swamp buggy either. Supposed to rain all week so I will just wait and do it later. It will allow me to get some lite weight glass cloth as the stuff I have is HEAVY.

6. rcaircraftnut

Inletting for the guns.

Attached Files:

7. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Nikki, you've been "just asking" and on these forums for ten years now. We respectfully ask that you "just listen" to the people who have been there, who have offered you help, and so on. People do get frustrated or snap at you -- after having been patient for years, because very little changes. I can go back and look years ago and see the same type of discussion from you. I speak for many of us when I say we appreciate your interest in and enthusiasm for the hobby, but that we want to move on and not have this conversation over and over for the next ten years.

With that, let us try to return to this original thread.

8. NASAAN101

Nut and Keri,
    I"m just going to bow out of this thread, on Eugen!! :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:
    Nikki

9. rcaircraftnut

If you had been more of an at arms length type person, and more of a "yeah that's cool, but MY boat is over here, type person, we wouldn't have had an issue. You act OBSESSIVE!!! I can't and WON'T deal with that. Your level of interest is not interest it is OBSESSION! I am a poor man and cannot afford to just waste $$ but I swear on my LIFE, if you keep this obsessive behavior up I will BURN what is built and I will give up the format altogether. I will go fast gun only and make a point of NOT going to any battle you may show up at. I am DONE! Just stop posting comments to me, stop messaging me on messenger, ect. Find someone else to STALK!

10. rcaircraftnut

To all the forum members.
    I must deeply apologize for the current "issue". I did not wish to offend anyone. I deeply love and enjoy this hobby. I do not want to knowingly or otherwise do anything to hurt it. That said, I think I have been about as patient as a man in my position can be. If I am wrong, I am sorry.
    I think I will just take a break and mess with my planes for a while. Talk to you all later, after I have had time to reflect.

11. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

12. rcaircraftnut

Hope to see you guys sometime within the next three weeks. But that remains to be seen. The P.E. wont be too bad I think, but the Iowa is gonna be a lot the Montana was, too much for my damaged C5 to handle without yelling at me for it for 2 days afterwards. So I either have to do removable ballast or ballast tanks.

13. rcaircraftnut

Also wondering if your little bic setups are lite enough to use for arming some secondary's without getting to top heavy and heeling over in turns beyond an acceptable level. Like the Mogador when I first tried it, lol. Thing tried to do a barrel roll.

14. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

The BICs might work as I believe they are lighter overall. However, the center of gravity for a standard gun is lower because the magazine is lower.

Plus since there is no limit in the rounds, you probably want more than 50.

15. rcaircraftnut

Hmmm. Points to ponder. Cost is also a factor.

16. rcaircraftnut

Ok, decided to go ahead and complete the Triple before I do any other projects. It has sat for over two years and needs to be done. So this evening I stripped it all back apart, all the control cables, servos, hardware, everything. Had to come apart for paint anyway. Then I removed the servo mounts and the original cockpit floor that was there just to support a very ugly and not even close to scale looking pilot bust.
    I am moving the servos up under the fuel tank, rerouting the control cables through the cockpit in the scale locations, and installing a full cockpit with flight controls ect. Then I am going to have to spend some money. The only pilot figure I have found that I really like is a scale resin casting of Lothar Von Rictofin, but for an additional cost, they will scan and digitally do their thing to print a new head with MY face on it. Problem is, fully painted and shipped it will be almost a $400 pilot figure, lol. I may have to paint it myself, drops it to under $300

17. rcaircraftnut

I finally got to Ohio and retrieved my ships. YAY! DKM Scharnhorst is on the bench for a going over and a new paint job. Also gotta fix the loose rudder gear drive. Rebuild the kips. And replace the pump relay tray as the lexan failed. 0330181403.jpg
    0330181403a.jpg

18. rcaircraftnut

This whole axis allied thing has gotten outta hand. Here's the new battle flag. Lol. 15224371804421499817065.jpg

19. rcaircraftnut

New project was gifted to me by a member and friend. Say hello to DKM Scharnhorst 2.0 lol.

1522437315895535224911.jpg

20. rcaircraftnut

And finally the P.E. is home. Soon to go back on the ways.