Battlestations DKM Prinz Eugen

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by rcaircraftnut, Jun 12, 2016.

1. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

You won't. Cuz it's NOT a HER. Now stop irritating me.

2. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Oh boy, don't tell me the gender identity crisis has afflicted RC Warship Combat too?!? o_O

3. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

only the Russians called there ships He :D :p
    Nikki

4. rcaircraftnut

Wrong. Named PRINCE not PRINCESS. And you said you were gonna stay out a this thread.

5. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

I was commenting on scharnhorst. :-(
    Nikki

6. rcaircraftnut

Don't matter. You know it will irritate me and yet you do it. You just don't get it. STOP! I'm not joking. I come here to ESCAPE reality. Not be IRRITATED.

7. rcaircraftnut

Rear guns reinstalled. Going flying tomorrow so switching to planes. No more work on him tonite.

8. rcaircraftnut

9. rcaircraftnut

Still trying to decide where I want to route the mags and what to make into a reloading port on the deck. May add the torp tubes on deck and use the mag cap as the pivot they mount to.

10. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Why no triples?

11. rcaircraftnut

No space in the stern for the third solenoid. Also I am setting up the Bruno turret to pivot.

12. rcaircraftnut

I also don't currently have a working third straight mag cannon. I have two that need repairing. I have enough guns to fully arm it in this configuration. So mostly lazy and using what I have. Also I have a second hull that is on the ways that will be getting trip sterns and a bow rotate with elevation if possible. Gotta reread the rules first lol. Too many things between formats to keep strait lol.

13. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

I have a similar layout in my Scharnhorst. Sidemounts A and B, twin sterns. At one point I had dreamed of making the stern twin pivot 15* with the rudder, to compensate for her less-than-desirable turn rate, but that proved impossible with her current cannons. Maybe in her next overhaul I'll swap out for BICs or flexible magazines.

14. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Scharnhorst is on my ‘someday’ build list, but I have too many hulls in the queue to work through first. I would definitely go with trip sterns. The need for a rotate pretty much went away with the rule change this past year that allows a half unit cannon to be used, so you could do 25rd in A and 50rd in B, mainly for defense

15. rcaircraftnut

Mine turns pretty good.

16. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Scharnhorst has the same prop/rudder set up as Bismarck so you should be able to get her to pivot like you can a Bismarck. Might take a little work but should be doable.

17. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Alas, I did not do the propulsion/steering engineering on mine. I refit an old hull while at school, and the prop/rudder combo is far from optimal. Brushed drive, dual old-style rudders with about 30 degrees throw, old/weak SLA batteries that probably need replacing, and no drag disks. Not optimum engineering, I know, but I just wanted something moving and shooting at the time. My current plan is to let a couple of rookies do the updating at my shop, under my supervision, and then give it to them upon completion. Now if only there were a couple of interested rookies in the Charleston area...

18. rcaircraftnut

Here's how mine is currently set up and I see no reason to attempt to screw it up. Lol.

1523234258063588954703.jpg

15232343206911395818456.jpg

15232343872041790994501.jpg

After seeing how well this works they voted to ban these rudders in the Xenia OH treaty club. Mine are grandfathered in. So they will never be changed out. However in fast gun this is still legal and works a treat.

19. rcaircraftnut

Don't mind the mess I need to slow down and take a day to clean up lol. Been going hard at work so limited hobby time adds up to not getting a shop cleanup day. Lol.

20. rcaircraftnut

Decided to not do reloading ports in the deck as it has to be removed anyway to refill the co2.