Battlestations DKM Prinz Eugen

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by rcaircraftnut, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Looks good. 3 shafts, dual rudders is the holy grail of prop/rudder configuration, so there isn't much room for excuse for poor performance.

Just make sure the rudders are each no greater than 7/16" wide, might need to trim the top a smidge (for IRCWCC compliance)

2. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

The outer are drag props. Not powered. I have two j550s geared to the center shaft and that big high pitch 5 blade working like a pulling tractor.

3. rcaircraftnut

It works good enough to prompt rule changes lol.

4. rcaircraftnut

Solenoids installed. Rears wired working on fronts now. Also eliminating a corroded servo connector from the rudder.

5. rcaircraftnut

Fronts.

0408182202b.jpg

Rears.

0408182202.jpg

0408182202a.jpg

6. rcaircraftnut

Wiring all done. Had a couple hours last night so now just have to plumb in the guns.

0409182149.jpg

0409182149a.jpg

0409182149b.jpg

Beaver likes this.
  7. rcaircraftnut

Once Scharnhorst is back together I will be back on the triplane till it's done. Then I will get back to P.E.

8. rcaircraftnut

Oops. Just spent the last of my paycheck. Lol. But what a deal. Just scored a freewing 90mm edf F16, and a 41" span spitfire by eflight. Both bind and fly. With lipos, all for $325. The jet alone cost $450 new sans batt and rx. So I couldn't stop myself. So looks like I'm going into jets FINALLY! Only been trying for 23 yrs lol. This jet cost less rtf than the kits cost back when I was 17 and really wanting one. In Houston ttonite if anyone is about and wants to meet up for a bit.

9. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Nut,
    don't me mad, i just never saw the Screen over the water channeling!! did you do that?
    Nikki

10. rcaircraftnut

No. I didn't but I will be stealing the idea for future builds. Keeps the cleanup inside after a battle from requiring removal of parts to clear the junk out of the channel.

11. NASAAN101

O ok. Thats a cool idea. I migbt do that with savannah and little Dido.
    Nikki

12. rcaircraftnut

Now. About the subject of this thread. I almost hate to ask nick so I will just call this thread buggered and start a new one when I get back to the build. Nobody wants to wade through all this b.s. to read a build thread.

13. NASAAN101

Nut.
    Do you put wood against the rib to support then or no.
    Nikki

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  14. rcaircraftnut

Not sure what your asking Nikki. If you mean backing the ribs in the hull around the windoes it depends on the hull thickness. Thin hull yes I back it. Thick hulls don't require it so much.

15. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

I'll just uh, move some stuff over to a different corner. https://rcwarshipcombat.com/threads/the-milk-may-or-may-not-be-spillt.445567/

16. rcaircraftnut

No worries Nick. Things go off the rails sometimes. Lol.

17. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

I've always assumed that's what rails are for. Any other explanation seems.. dull.

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  18. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

Fun fact. The ubiquitous train rail was invented by a great, great, great uncle of mine, a Colonel Robert Livingston Stevens (Stevens is my middle name). The dude also designed and built the first steam ship to sail on the open ocean.

19. rcaircraftnut

That's pretty cool. I don't believe my family has anything like that. Just a few veteran's one of whom was highly decorated Bronze Star ECT. Fought in all three theatres of WWII. Very proud of his service and I am left with the care of his Medals and the flag that was draped over his coffin. Not many inventions in our family but quite a few hard working doers none the less. It is good to be proud of where you come from.

20. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

I'm sure those medals and flag are getting the care they deserve. In the family history department, I'm fairly lucky in that regard. My lineage has been traced back to the 1500's (not by me though). The first Tyng's in America (my last name), were two brothers Charles and Edward Tyng. They set ashore in Boston in the early 1600's. I'm a direct descendant of Edward. He died in 1681 and I've visited his grave in Tyngsborough Mass. Lots of cool stories from those days. No recent relatives served in any wars though. My grandfather Tyng went to join up for WW2 but when they found out he was an engineer at Bell Aircraft, they told him to go back to work (worked on the Bell AiraCobra and later the Bell X1). My other grandfather was a marine but caught TB somewhere and was medical discharged a few months before Pearl Harbor.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018