Battlestations.org site

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by admiraljkb, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

No, I'll send him a note tonight. It'd be good to get the site active again.

2. Tugboat

I've been emailing with Joe, and I am talking to Network Solutions (the hosting he's using, that I happen to have a site on for Wolfentstein:Enemy Territory) about how to get the site transferred over. It's safe for the nonce, as Joe re-upped it for 3 years just last month. Since he's being generous enough to let us have the site and domain name, I will be reimbursing him the cost of the registration renewal (it seems only fair, ya know?).

But we are moving towards having the Battlestations.org site getting regular updates and hopefully alerting others to our existence! If you have a pic of your 1/96 ship, sub, or project, please send me one so I can get some new pics on the site once we have it. If you don't have my email address already, it's ki4gyt aT gmail DoT com...

3. Mark

Mark Active Member

whats this, we'll be getting posession of the old BS web site? nice I guess I'll have to get back in the game here. we'll have our own forur and build pages like the old site had? and what of club offices, dues, regs and such? much has happened in the few months that I've been away

4. Tugboat

We've been talking about officers and dues and such on here... The rules are still evolving, and I expect some things (rule-wise) will be changed after the spring battle. I'd like to keep the forum on this site, as it's well maintained by someone who knows much more than I about such things :) Build pages will be hostable, definately, once I figure out how I want to work permissions for uploading pages to the server.

5. Mark

Mark Active Member

still, there should be a forum on the page for our specific club. and the rules on the old site need to be updated alon with the ship list. I, along with some of the guys out here will be more than willing to maintain the site (we've been planning a new web site for a while nowbut would preffer one that is already in existance) send me an e-mail and we can talk about it.

6. Tugboat

Yeah, updating the shiplist and rules on the BaS site is something we'd planned on doing once we were able to. I wish that you'd been here for the rules discussions, hopefully the ones we settled on are okay :) Have you had a chance to look them over since life permitted your return? :) I don't think anything BIG changed, other than the torpedo rules and subs getting thicker hulls... altho I may be suffering memory lapses as I get older (than 35).

7. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Shoot, if you think 35 is old then I'm in trouble... [:D]

Carl

8. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Really![:D]

9. Mark

Mark Active Member

whats the TT rules and no haven't looked over the rules yet

10. Tugboat

They're posted as a sticky in the forum :) Not really much of an issue for you build-wise, as the Yammer didn't mount any torps (i think?). The rate of fire is limited slightly, so a Kitakami can't flush 20 torps on you at one time. More than that, I'll ask you to read the sticky and save me the carpal tunnel :)