BATTLESTATIONS!

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by glaizilla, Aug 24, 2011.

1. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

So would you still be interested in me doing something a little more advanced than a simple html site or no?

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Absolutely. There are parts of the old site that I like, and parts that I'm not so fond of. Joe said that we can stuff he did for the site as we wish, so it might be cool to keep the Battlestations logos as they are, use some of the modified recruiting posters he made, stuff like that. My wish list for pages includes:

Main page
    Links page (the existing one on the old site has a lot of good links, altho I haven't had time to check them all to see if they're good)
    Supply page (just another links page but it's nice having the suppliers listed separately from the other stuff)
    Rules page
    Tech page (kind of like the MWCI How-To page)
    Captains&Ships page with pics of us and our boats. Contact info for people who volunteer to be local contacts.
    Intro to Battlestations page (cliff's notes version of what it is)
    Ship's Store (Not an online store, but a place to post a few photos of a ship or gear that's for sale by members)

Just a few ideas :) But I'd really like to see something up, even if just a one-page quickie, in the short term. The captain's list on the old site was last updated in 2001.

3. absolutek

Okay, well I got a little something up last night and am learning Joomla (a content management system) on the fly. I think I can do something that we will all like & that is a little bit more powerful. I hope to have something to show by the end of the weekend.

4. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Woohoo! This is awesome!
    BTW, it would also be nice to have the ship lists on the site...

Carl

5. Tugboat

Good point, Carl... I didn't think about it but it makes total sense :)

6. absolutek

i know Ive been off and on working on the ircwcc shiplist for years. maybe i will be motivated to finish it now.

7. absolutek

Just a quick status update, I've mostly got stuff on the site working. I'm mostly just adding stuff from the old site. Its not super graphical or anything, but honestly compared to most sites it rocks (at least I think so) :)

Chase

P.S. My Henri IV arrived this week so there may be a few delays lol ;)

8. Tugboat

Quick loading and good looking is the key :)