BC Mogador Build

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Litch42f, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Selley

Selley Active Member

looking great!

2. Litch42f

Litch42f Well-Known Member

So I ordered some 280 motors but it turns out I got sent 360 size motors instead. Instead of trying to send them back I decided to see if I can stuff the 360 motors in as they weren't significantly bigger than the 280s and will probably handle the voltage better.

I re-wired the drive system harness to have xt-30s and also had to design a custom 360 size motor mount that would fit nicely in the hull.
    Low Profile 360 Motor Mount Image.PNG
    Volta new drive motors.jpg

The biggest challenge was getting the magazine to still fit because it runs over the middle of the two drive motors. I was able to make it work by getting the motors pretty low in the hull and also changing the type of magazine armor to something not so bulky.

The bilge motor also seemed like it was starting to die so I swapped that with a 360 motor as well.

Volta new drive setup.jpg

Also finally got around to finishing the dummy turrets.

Volta turrets.jpg

At this point I just need to do some more sea trials to see how the new drive system works out. Otherwise she needs a waterline and she's good to go unless something else pops up during sea trials

3. Litch42f

Litch42f Well-Known Member

Got the water line on and flag hoisted.
    20200519_184731.jpg

Was able to get out for some sea trials.

20200520_082511.jpg 20200520_082500.jpg 20200520_082444.jpg

After getting the throttle curve set to about where I thought was right I drove her around for a little. Turning was not terrible and although she heels pretty good with hard over rudder at full speed she rights fairly quickly and doesn't oscillate from side to side after the initial dip. Both deck inserts have a silicone seal, and although she wasn't completely dry after trials I gauge the amount of water intake as acceptable. Gunnery practice was also held. Gun needs to have a little more down angle, was shooting about 10' down range. Also the solenoid stopped working after about half a magazine. No clicking and the firing board was able to successfully fire a solenoid from the Bayern. By the time I got home it worked fine, so perhaps it froze up? Overall very happy with how she turned out and excited to snipe at some unsuspecting ships whenever the next battle is.

4. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

très bien!

5. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Pretty water you've got there. The boat's nice too :)