BC or Strike models?

Discussion in 'Product Review' started by Rookie battler, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Rookie battler

Rookie battler New Member

Hey everyone I have a quick question.
    I am currently looking for a Prinz Euegen. At battlerscconnection there are some kits available for the ship, but I was wondering if anyone had an info on the kits that are usually sold there. Does anyone also own a Prinz Eugen?

-Clyde

2. irnuke

irnuke -->> C T D <<--

I'm assuming you're referring to the German WW2 PE (Hipper Class) as opposed to the WW1 Austrian WW1 PE (Viribus Unitis Class) ;)
    I have an older PE cruiser hull. The BattlersConnection hulls are very detailed and well made fiberglass hulls, as good as or better than any others commercially available.
    As far as I know, Strike doesn't offer a Hipper hull.

3. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

We don't have the Hipper. The list of ships we have is at http://www.strikemodels.com/products/ships/.

A good list of who has what hulls is available at http://www.scrapcombatships.com/hulls.html.

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

The decision on Strike or BC for me comes down largely to 'Who has this particular hull?', as there is not a lot of overlap in their offerings (thankfully). If I went insane and left my MGB languishing in the yard (vice blowing money restoring it), I'd be grossly tempted by either BC's Nagato hull, or Strikes Atlanta and Arethusa hulls.

Since you're looking at PE, BC's PE hull is very nice, I've seen 3 of them and it's a good cruiser.

5. Rookie battler

Thanks for all the tips. Any idea where I could find a radio controller and radio system?

6. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

It's best to buy a radio after you've finished your first boat, or are soon finished.
    First off, it gives you more time to look through all the options and find the best radio for you ship.
    Second, if you don't ever finish your boat, you're not stuck with a radio that you'll never use.

7. Rookie battler

Good advice! Thanks

8. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

And third, if it takes a few months or a year to get your boat ready (we know how life has a way of interfering!) you can have the most recent / cheapest technology by buying it at the end of things.

9. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor

How close are you to Louisville, KY?
    You can come down, and I will give you a shop tour..