BC Regulators

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by Anvil_x, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

Hey, just got a new BC regulator for my Texas, and I was wondering if those of you who have this sucker wouldn't mind posting photos of how you have yours rigged/advice on usage, etc.

The triple port top looks pretty interesting, do you guys block two of them and just use the center port for feed? Do you just run additional lines? Do you use one of them for pressure testing?

2. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Here's how I have mine set up. I had to add the brass splitter on the top port so I could add the PTC fittings. One airline to the stern sidemount and for the bow guns.
    IMG_20180425_194819.jpg

3. Anvil_x

oh that's pretty cool. did you get the fittings at the hardware store, or have to order them from a site?

4. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

I got them from McMaster Carr, but there are probably better places to get them.

5. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

I have different configurations in each boat, some I use all 3, some I just use 1, based on how the hoses work out. I have 2 BC regulators which are one component that I actually swap between boats regularly, since I don't see many situations where I need more than 2 boats 100% ready at one time.

There are an infinite number of ways you can configure the hoses/connections. Just figure out a configuration that is semi-clean and doesn't cause leaks for your set up

I typically use barbed fittings on swivel joints since the regulator gets moved around a lot so the joints need to be robust. Most of the time for the two side holes I use a 90 degree fitting so the barb points in the same direction as the center barb, since having hoses come directly out the side can be harder to get right.

In general it is good to have an extra poppet in your system that you can use to bleed off pressure without having to shoot the guns. For some of my boats I have it come directly off the regulator, other ones I put a T joint in a line somewhere and connect it at that point. It doesn't work the same if you use check valves, you either need one downstream of the check or will have to cycle the guns to bleed off pressure when making the boat safe.

6. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

A few pictures
    Here is Missouri. I tried to keep lines short. Lighting placement sucks
    E6FED16D-4E48-4FCC-9966-1852AB4A21F3.jpeg
    Zoomed out
    CBDC2352-09B7-4CF7-AE32-B4A3E533CF49.jpeg
    Seydlitz, a lot simpler, showing the splitting
    33634F30-33C1-4BFF-96EF-48F4D84DC586.jpeg

7. Anvil_x

cool, thanks for the input, guys. with the current lay of my lines, I'll probably have one line coming off to the guns, and like you said, have a bleed off valve of some sort on the other and just plug the third. I'll work on it friday and saturday and snap some pics for the build thread once I get all of the fittings in place

8. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

i'm really wondering if those will work in two little light cruisers :D
    Nikki

9. Anvil_x

it's small enough to fit in a heavy cruiser, at least. I bet you could do it.