Beginner looking for plans & advice

Discussion in 'General' started by t_josef, Sep 4, 2008.

1. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Tjoe,
    What club are you planning on battling with? I guess this is the most fundamental question. I see you are from Mass, there are a lot of us ircwcc members in the area. The club dictates the boat you should start out in. The french ship seems like a good choice. Powder is right about wanting more units in our club but a 4 unit should find plenty of people to play with. The Axis have many 4 units so you will never be lonely. Let me know if you have questions,

2. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

He will be with us Ice he lives in the next town over from Don. NETF will be out in force next season [^]

3. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Its hard to go wrong with an Invincible or a VDT, either one is an excellent beginner boat with the ability to serve you well into the future. The differeces between a class 3 boat and a class 4 boat are huge, especially in the IRCWCC. Taubman plans has some good VDT plans and it sounds like Tugboat found some good I-boat plans. (hey tuggy share the wealth ;-) ) Building from scratch isn't really that hard as long as you have the right tools and an idea of what you're doing with them.

4. the frog

the frog Member

Triple stern on Richeleu ,I think not.Only one mount at rear is allowed for that boat.

5. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Hey Chris, that's the idea ;)

Monk, I gotta go with the frog on this one, Richie only gets a single stern (you can use one of the secondaries for a single stern gun if no main guns bear aft).

6. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

I agree with Snipe and Tug. An I-boat or VDT is definately the way to go for a beginner in the IRCWCC. If Invincible is an option for you, you might be interested in looking at the Indefatigable class instead. They're about 2 inches longer and are allowed a little more displacement. That extra space will help fit everything in.

I've got an Invincible and kinda wish I had the extra space. That being said, I loved my Invincible in the IRCWCC, it was a really fun ship to drive, and is pretty low-maintenance with only 3 guns and a pump.

7. Tugboat

I love my I-boat! Even when it hates me :) I do think that the DunkinDonuts will make a good BC, if only because with good teamwork, you can use the speed and the sidemounts to zip up along someone who's slugging a teammate, and cut them some vent holes :)

8. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

haha yes Tug, the Invincibles are worthy of love. Every time someone ripped into me in the Courageous at the WNC this summer I couldnt help but mutter "that wouldnt have happened to my Invincible". It was kinda like the girlfriend you kicked to the curb, and didn't know what you were missing til it was gone. Unlike the girlfriend scenario, the Invincible will take me back!

I'll be back in my beloved Evil-I next year as my primary ship!

9. Powder Monkey

I'm not a fan of the Frog navy sorry didnt knoew the ship just useing a usal set up so shoot me[;)]

10. Tugboat

That's the idea, Monk :) That's the idea... thwack!thwack!thwack!

11. Powder Monkey

[:D][:D][:0][:0][B)]

12. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

I wouldnt mind seeing dual sidemounts on each side, and a full pump, that would be really cool. And monk, if i get a ship(looks like its postponed until XMas), your membership will have really grown, ehh?