Bellerophon build (IRCWCC)

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Kevin P., Sep 27, 2017.

1. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Yes, get 1 ship as good as you can get it, it can take several iterative refits and battle seasons to get there. Once that ship is good, tested, reliable, maybe consider working on a new ship. DO NOT CANNIBALIZE the working ship unless it is parts that can be swapped back in a few hours (regulator, solenoids, ESC).

I get boat ADD a lot, but I always try to have one boat that I preserve as my battle-ready ship than can be pulled off the shelf ready for an event within a couple of hours at most. Then if life gets in the way of completing the new project, you don't miss an event because your 'good' ship was turned into a pile of parts

2. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Regional events are fun, but you mostly have no coordination or tactics and everyone is out for themselves. At NATS you are expected to be a team and look at the long term plan (points versus sinks) as points wins NATS (its why we keep score). Most of us do poorly at tactics and listening to each other (every man for themselves), but if you look at the Axis side most have never gone allied (at least in the MWC days) and the older boats and captains make a good base that actually has tactics. Just my opinion of course, and IRCWCC and MWC had different captains so your experience may have varied.
    Decide what is important to you and have fun. If the allied team really focused on winning then they all would show up with cruisers, blast off everything in the first five minutes and then call 5 and run. They would win, but the fun factor would suck.

3. Caractacus Patt

Caractacus Patt Member

Hey Kevin, has this boat hit the water yet? I was curious how those brushless motors worked for you, and what the current draw was...

4. Kevin P.

Unfortunately no, this build was put on pause when I was talked into making the Courbet hulls and building a couple. The two boats fell into the same general category (class 4, 28 sec, not common). I have fairly high confidence that the motors would work well, I've used NTM motors in several other builds without issue. Current draw would not be a concern with LiFe batteries, if I had to guess for capacity this boat would probably consume about 750 - 1000 mAh at 13.2V per sortie

5. Litch42f

Litch42f Well-Known Member

This build still on pause?

6. Kevin P.

Yes, the Courbet project took over this boat's role. I still have the hull and am not opposed to finishing it, just still down the list behind the convoys, radetzky, kongo, missouri refit. Maybe resume in 6-ish months

Litch42f likes this.