Big gun cannon drawings.

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by DarrenScott, Jul 31, 2019.

1. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

My own take on the big gun cannon, has a few tweaks for improved flow and rigidity.

Attached Files:

rcengr and Xanthar like this.
  2. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Can they be used for displays on the ships or no?
    Nikki

3. DarrenScott

Nikki, they *could* be used as a display cannon, but are designed to be operational, not cosmetic.

Kim Petersen likes this.
  4. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

I am rather curious about 3d printing these. Most of it looks 3d-printable, the only part I'm not sure about is the bearing. Has anyone been experimenting with 3d printed Big Gun cannons? That seems like it would be a revolution for Big Gun cannon production, but almost nobody has posted anything about it.

gunner250 likes this.
  5. DarrenScott

It could be possible to print them, but much faster to have the blanks machined from solid stock and probably cheaper.

6. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

I'm curious, how exactly do you secure the bearing so it doesn't shift around vertically? I'm assuming the screw holes in the lower part are for screwing it to the upper section, not for screws to secure the flange of the bearing...?

7. DarrenScott

The 2mm hole shown is for a screw used to secure the bearing into the lower block.
    I used 3 in the prototype but found that one was sufficient.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  8. nmmichris

nmmichris Member

I like your design. Know I'm new to the hobby and all but I was wondering about page 8 on your drawings. The dimensions of some of the holes from center particularly three for the cannons the numbers aren't the same. I know the numerical difference is minute but inward wondering if that was a typo or there was a reasoning. I'd very much like to see how these came out as I have to get cannons setup on my ship before I can go any further. Thanks