Big-gun invited to Treaty Conference

Discussion in 'Big Gun Combat Warship International' started by froggyfrenchman, Jun 21, 2009.

1. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

The dates are now set for the 2009 Treaty Conference being held at our Ravenna, Ohio battle site. (Akron)
    August 13-16 (Thursday-Sunday) 2009.
    The big-gun groups are invited to attend and battle in between our sorties.
    More info soon.
    Mikey

2. froggyfrenchman

All
    I was talking with Bobo about how the big-gunners generally don't do sortie style battles, but instead have a start time, and a stop time, which sometimes can last for hours. Say 10am-noon, then break for lunch, and then say 1pm-3pm. Or something like that. Anyhow, Bobo asked why we couldn't just let the big-gunners have the half of the pond that we don't use anyhow, if they wanted to battle more than just in between our sorties.
    So to make a long story even longer, I spoke with Roland, and he says that would be fine. So I will post that option to the big-gun community, and see what they think.
    I think this is a great idea (and I am sooo glad I thought of it). Sorry bobo. But if you want credit for your ideas, you need to post them before I have a chance to. It's a short-term memory loss thing.
    Haha.
    I hope we get a chance to see how it works out, as it would give us more flexability down the road with inviting the other formats to our events.
    Mikey

3. froggyfrenchman

Roland
    Thanks for posting the info.
    Do you know if there is any campgrounds nearby (just in case someone is interested in camping)?

If anyone is interested in flying in, I will try to make arrangements for transportation if needed.

I will cross-post the info to the other sites.
    Mikey

--- In TreatyCombat@yahoogroups.com, Roland Gerrick wrote:
    >
    > Ok here goes,
    > Airport is Akron Canton...about 40 minutes away.
    > Cleveland International...1 hour Lots of traffic
    >
    > Hotels...Quality Inn....330-678-0101
    > Holiday Inn Express....330-673-9200
    > Hampton Inn....330-673-8555
    > Days Inn......330-677-9400
    > Alden Inn....330-678-9927
    >
    > Address...... 4966 New Milford Rd,Rootstown,Ohio,44266
    >