Bismarck props?

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by jstod, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Quintanius

Quintanius Member

Thats a good idea - here is what I'm looking at right now:
    [​IMG]
    Here is a nice pic of the Bismark's stern and props...from the German National Archives.
    [​IMG]
    Thomas

2. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

The plus side of the H-39 is that you have the extra room already built into the length of the hull haha. I really like how you cut your aft ribs and was wondering what you used as your cutting tool?

3. Quintanius

Quintanius Member

You can see it in the various pictures sometimes - a RIDGID scrollsaw. Any scrollsaw will do the trick. I also sand them very well, from medium to fine to super fine. I'm picky...the last sanding is with one of those sponges that feels like there is no sand on it anymore. They work great, those sponges wtih sandpaper stuff on them. But its all in the eye and the sound and feel...it's a Zen thing. I can scroll along and devide a pencil line in half. Once you have that skill, the feeling of accomplishment is quite amazing :) thank you for your kind words by the way.

4. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Well I am not at that point lol I think mine turned out pretty good for the first time working with wood. I just need to tweak my stern keel to make it all the correct hight.

5. Quintanius

Quintanius Member

6. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Yes it helped me with my rudder placement alot :)