bismarck set up

Discussion in 'Research and Development' started by rowboat captain, Oct 6, 2007.

1. rowboat captain

rowboat captain Member

Hi guys looking for some one how is runing a bismarck. I would like to find out how you have set it up. battery types, locations of guns, pump, co2, radio box and how you have your rudders set up.

thanks

2. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

http://thetriphome.blogspot.com/

I have some older pictures of my initial layout. I went down to three 6V 12AH batteries rather than 4 and went to a gear drive system. I ran mine with dual side mounts on the stern raised turret and dual aft cannons last year (I had not had time to make up a set of front cannon)

I'll be happy to tell you more about my setup (I run IRCWCC fast gun)

3. rowboat captain

rowboat captain Member

Awesome super structure and turrets. May I as what you made the super structure and turret covers out of?

4. GregMcFadden

That is molded high density self skinning foam. I am in the process of selling/shipping the molds to tugboat. (I still need to remake a turret mold).

The turrets are also my own design and I plan on trying to make a more manufacturerable version of them this winter.

-Greg

5. rowboat captain

rowboat captain Member

Thanks Greg,

I guess Iam going to have to hit tugboat up for a copy of the super structure when he gets the molds from you. you do great work.

6. Mark41

Mark41 Active Member

Hi...
    Who made your dual cannons? I am building a Tirpitz and could use 2 sets...

Thanks,
    Mark
    OAF

7. GregMcFadden

I did. They are the first set of prototypes. I am waiting to hear back from Curt as to if he still wants them soon, if not I will be selling the three turrets. If you want to know more, drop me a email, and we can chat.

-Greg