Biz build

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by sinkin321, May 11, 2012.

1. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Well I am back in with both feet in the deep end.
    Hull picked up today- never seen a hull this thick with fg. Hull is marked and ready to be cut out and shafts are ready to be installed. Deck is ready and ss was started for the other ship i built last year, so that part should g fairly quick. If I ever figure out how to post pics i will

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

John I post my pics to Photo bucket first and from there it's very easy to post them to the forum. Just a couple of clicks and it's there.
    If you have any questions for your Bismarck I be more than happy to help. I posted plenty of photos and build refereneces that may help you.

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

So how is the building going?

4. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Wow: not great, never realized that the amount of work that I have to do at work was directly tied to the amount of work i want to spend on the hobby. I have been in Cape Breton now more then ever. No orders put in and possibly a 1:72 hull from robert this week. picked up three more hulls and have more options but time is just not there. if all goes well I will have some time in a week or two to finish a ship but still have to wait for a BC order

5. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

WOW John, when get back in, you get in all the way!!
    What other hulls did you get?
    I can post piocs for you again if you want, until you figure out how to popst them yourself.
    Later,
    J

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

More targets for me to shoot at.

7. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

I expect to have Hood battle ready by mid-August and hope the Biz will be. We'll be in NB most weekends until then. Does anyone know if Rob Clarke finished his Tirptiz? I heard it ran trials a couple of years ago.
    HMS Gorgon, Minotaur and Hood all need some new Panasonic sealed drive and pump batteries. I'll be heading for Galaxy Batteries after I finish testing them to see if any will hold a charge after 3-4 years without one. All of the models need new radio and receiver battery packs - hopefully Great Hobbies has spares for the 10-15 year old Futaba radios. Gorgon and Minotaur use CO2 capsules of which I have more than 100, but Minotaur's Palmer reg. needs to be repaired or replaced by one from Strike.
    Bob

8. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Bob you could always try cheap battery packs.com for customer made battery packs. I had them create one for my Spektrum radio which was cheaper than buying a replacement battery locally.

9. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

posted a list of stuff i picked up but it didn.t go for some reason so I'll try again
    pick up : hulls - Tirpitz, renown, Mississippi, Nelson, Strasburg, Altmark and Furataka
    3 moulds including HMS Arethusa
    And a really cool 1:72 HMCS Iroquois
    Also I am happy to anounce that the old Nagato ( Tommy's old wood ship) has been brought home and will be rebuilt to display in my bar.

10. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Let me know if I can help in any way, got a basement full of odds and ends and various parts

11. Bob Pottle

Hi John,
    Did you get Rob's Renown mold too? His Arethusa mold is quite nice. Too bad we haven't seen one in action yet.
    Bob

12. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Hi Guys: Just comung back from Vacation no Bob I didn't get the renown mold. I wrote renown but that was one of the ones I left behind and I thought I brought it home.
    I am still waiting to place my order from strike or bc as I had to order a new window for the packard before this one, will be ordering this week.

13. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

wow have to take better care of my stuff found the renown in the basement

14. Bob Pottle

John,
    Is that the Renown hull or the mold? Maybe you have the Renown hull I bought from Rob and sold to Ian. It was purple with bits of white or grey gelcoat where I filled some small voids left by bubbles. Renown is a far better ship under Treaty as the only Axis ship with the same speed and a good chance of sinking it is the Scharnhorst Class. It'll be able to keep up with my Treaty IJN Tsuba and outguns it.
    Bob

15. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

All grey hull, and cut out already

16. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Hello again guys: Just got back from a trip to toronto for training on my new position as the equipment tech. thats one trip down 5 more to go. while there i was able to get to a few hobby shops and load up on goodies for the biz. work will begin as soon as i get the new work shop in place at the office as well as the new tools.
    Got an email from Doug for the Shearwater show in April but the dates are the same as my trip over seas, so I won't be able to go, if anyone wants the email i will send it to you just let me know.
    Have not givin up on getting out with the boats and will make a real effort to get my butt to the lake this year with a boat that works

17. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

Exactly where overseas?

18. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I would hazard a guess of Domincan republic, Cuba or some place warm with beach and beer. :)

19. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

good guess Paul but cuba is in the spring for our 25th anniversary - but for work its the UK/ germany and Italy to ture some manufacturing plants and training in the summer
    in there is a build and some boat stuff.
    I even got bored and built a remote control vacuum cleaner at the shop.
    Placing my Strike order this week or next