British BC's of WWI Plan needed

Discussion in 'Construction' started by Gettysburg114th, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the book British Battlecruisers of WWI? Do you have the ability to scan the drawings of the battlecruisers New Zealand, Indefatigable and Australia? I need to know if someone can scan them, attach them to a file and email them to me?
    thanks,

2. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Hey Bob
    I have the first plans in the hobby of these ships and you have seen our HMAS Austriala that my daughter battled here in ohio.These plans where drawn by a member of the Florida Task Force ,he was a drafts man , Greg Wilson. These have the ribs all layed out and uses the dual keel method that makes the water channel. Let me know if you are interested.
    Buddy

3. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Thanks fore the offer Buddy but, I'm looking for the drawings out of the book.
    Thanks again.
    Have fun at your event this weekend.

4. Bryan

Bryan Member

Ralph Coles has a awesomemoldof indefatigable,even has deck partially
    molded, saves a amazing amount of time when building, much easier to
    waterproof edge.

5. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

I have 'British Battleships of WWI' by R.A. Burt which has very good drawings of the Indefatigable and New Zealand. NZ and Australia were identical at one point except for the spotting tops (1 vs 2). (I modified the Invincible Class hull sections from that book to produce the hull drawings for Ralph's Indefatigable hull.)

Bob

6. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

who knew there were so many books that can be used for this hobby? I saw a book at my local Barnes and Noble store that was something like Battleships: 3000 years of naval warfare
    it was really cool.