USS Brooklyn cruiser superstructure

1. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

rcengr submitted a new resource:

Brooklyn - USS Brooklyn cruiser superstructure

Read more about this resource...

2. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Wow, how did I not see this before? I have a Brooklyn hull sitting in my garage, I'll have to print this out and see how it looks.
    Thanks for sharing :)

(Although, I do rather wish it was Helena)

3. Craig Thompson

Craig Thompson New Member

I have another Hybrid here, she is the USS Honolulu on an HMS Hood hull, but it all works. Her new name is the now USS Hood-O-Lulu. Superstructure printed at 1/72 because she is 10 inches wide, and 80 inches long. There are 1/96 prints sprinkled about to fill in the gaps. Overall, an Excellent build and happy to have added this one to the Fleet too. Thanks so much for all your design work, didn't find any errors on her.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    rcengr and Xanthar like this.
  4. Craig Thompson

Craig Thompson New Member

Both hatch templates are cut and the battery compartment seams will be hidden by the Superstructure, haven't figured out how far Aft to go for the motor compartment hatch yet. Both shafts are finally glued in with 3D printed struts at 90% infill. Got rid of the Nylon props in favor of four bladed metal ones. Rudder is also set and the servo mounting is in process. She'll be back in the Fountain to test under her own power very soon...

Attached Files:

rcengr likes this.