BSTF

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions' started by JustinScott, Jan 3, 2007.

1. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Craig, Tell me more about this?

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Justin the BSTF is located on YAHOOGROUPS.COM under NABS along with our Yahoogroups.com message board. We have over 40 members on the BSTF.It is a site set up for the sole purpose of the combat community to inform of what they have to sell for RC combat and for members to post what they are looking for. It's been working great so far.

3. Craig

Craig Active Member

Thanks good buddy! The Buy/Sell/Trade Flotilla, congrats are in order we just passed 50 members!!!, just kinda happened. There was a need with distributers down and buried. There had to be a way to link the guys up and sell their combat wares. No holds barred, no rules, big or fast did not matter, just get it done. Let's pool the resources to keep things going. I don't know how much help it has become, but, it is another resource for the members of our sport.

Like I said Justin, your idea really expanded on that and that's why guys like Curt and I are here. We don't want this to fade any further than it already has. Time to take the Sodak by the horns as it were!

4. JustinScott

Is there a way to combine the BSTF and this site? The audience is the same, the goal is the same, perhaps a unified effort?

Sorry I didn't know anything about it; I signed up to the BSTF a while back, but can't remember getting any emails from it.

5. Craig

Craig Active Member

The activity has been... wanning, but the membership is still there... I can't think of a way to bring that audience over, although, most will migrate this way, sooner or later. :)

I would suggest you link it or use it as the tool that it was intended for. It can be a seperate entity included within this entity. The design and thought behind it were sound, the word may not have gotten far enoguh yet. Who knows. We should find a way to make em' both happen.

6. JustinScott

I didn't mean I wanted to assimilate it, I agree though with the idea of using it as a tool. Probably in combination with the grey armada. Your boards sell parts too though?

7. Craig

Craig Active Member

Anything that the seller/trader wishes to hock! Or posts looking for.

8. Craig

Craig Active Member

So yes, parts too. I think the aim was to build a searchable online database that anyone could access and that anyone in turn could promote a product or sale items