Build session 03 July 2010

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Tugboat, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Starts: Noonish!
    Zach: DO NOT WATCH MOVIES TILL 2AM TONITE!!!

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Build session was great fun - Brian K, Stefan and Christopher were hard at work on their projects, as was I... Musashi is a great big boat! Ribs are all on except for the 3 sternmost ribs, and part of the caprail is fitted. The two long straight 1/2"x1/2" rods that line the water channel are also in (wanted them in before finalizing the caprail). Gotta say, this is the fastest I've ever gotten a wood hull together, and probably the most efficient, wood-use-wise; all ribs fit on a single 12"x48" piece of 1/4" ply. The caprail and deck are going to be 1/4" thick until I find out if the big rule proposal passes; if it passes, I'll get to model the proper shape of the hull which requires a 2nd stringer above the waterline (already putting in the presently allowed single stringer below the waterline at the top of the bulge). If the proposal does not pass, then I will simply add 1/8" under the caprail. Besides the caprail stuff left to do, I have to add the many many 1/8" ribs between the existing 1/4" ribs, so still plenty to do beforeI even think of sheeting.